Old Logo

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tyrantblade
Junior
Junior

Old Logo

Post by Tyrantblade »

So what exactly is it that makes people clamor for Christopher Wards with the old Logo and when did it switch to the New Logo? How would you know which "Mark" of a Watch a model is?

I'm guessing when people say "Mk 2" that just means the 2nd version of that model?

I had a Christopher Ward GMT before from that clearout sale with a bunch of old models, eventually had to sell it and now I'm thrilled to have a Trident GMT coming my way from the sales section of the forum

I have always liked the Ceramic bezel divers whether the Tradional ones or the GMT ones and im gonna love it
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Old Logo

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

There’s a lot of information on the CW Archive.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

:popcorn: :popcorn:
drand
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by drand »

Wait, is there a new logo?
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Which is your favorite logo Tyrantblade and why?

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Amor Vincit Omnia

drand wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:23 pm Wait, is there a new logo?
Well there’s obviously not a new joke.
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Tyrantblade
Junior
Junior

Post by Tyrantblade »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:16 pm There’s a lot of information on the CW Archive.
That definitely clears things up, so basically it was the CW logo at first, and then Chr. Ward and eventually fully spelled out to Christopher ward

I wouldn't say I necessarily have a favorite, the logo is a minor thing for me, if I like the watch the logo is on thats enough for me
Amor Vincit Omnia

The Archive is certainly the best place to look things up for yourself. That is why we created it.

You have probably been around the forum for long enough to realise that when the logo is mentioned there is generally some discussion. It usually follow similar lines, and each iteration or development of the logo has proved to have its detractors. Hence the popcorn allusion.
Steve

Tyrantblade
Junior
Junior

Post by Tyrantblade »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:55 pm The Archive is certainly the best place to look things up for yourself. That is why we created it.

You have probably been around the forum for long enough to realise that when the logo is mentioned there is generally some discussion. It usually follow similar lines, and each iteration or development of the logo has proved to have its detractors. Hence the popcorn allusion.
I'm still a noob to these forums as far as how much I've read or posted, and people will argue over anything and everything
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

Well, of the three (so far) logos, my favourite is the current one. The CW I consider a bit vanilla, I neither love nor hate it, though it does seem dated. The Chr Ward logo always reminds of those £19.99 quartz watches you see advertised in the Sunday papers. While for the current logo I do like the 9 o'clock position, I think the 12 o'clock position suits the 'vintage' range better (as seen on the 'super compressor').
Ooh, I can feel the negative waves already.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

All I will say on the logo is that I think that each iteration seems to be well thought out in regards to the design language CW have used in their models.
Ryan
Amor Vincit Omnia

I’ve just realised something rather odd. I am absolutely fine with any version of the logo/word mark, but my favourite is undoubtedly the Mk2, with the word London added. I have three watches with the first version, and one with the current version. For reasons to do with the watches, not the logo, I appear to have sold all the ones that bore my favourite version! :shock:
Steve

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

I should think everybody on here has their own opinion of each logo. Each was/is of it's time and created or changed for specific reasons at that time.

Some like the 1st because it's the original and discreet. Some might think the 2nd looks like it's off a £19.99 cheap quartz watch while others prefer that of the 3 and won't buy anything else. Some love the current while others won't buy a watch that has it at 9 o'clock. Many are just not bothered by which is on a watch or where it is.

As with probably all non-essential things in life it's all "IMO". No logo is "best" or "worst" and what other contributors think of each should not affect our own opinion or decisions what to buy.
Tyrantblade
Junior
Junior

Post by Tyrantblade »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:49 am I should think everybody on here has their own opinion of each logo. Each was/is of it's time and created or changed for specific reasons at that time.

Some like the 1st because it's the original and discreet. Some might think the 2nd looks like it's off a £19.99 cheap quartz watch while others prefer that of the 3 and won't buy anything else. Some love the current while others won't buy a watch that has it at 9 o'clock. Many are just not bothered by which is on a watch or where it is.

As with probably all non-essential things in life it's all "IMO". No logo is "best" or "worst" and what other contributors think of each should not affect our own opinion or decisions what to buy.
Agreed, if I like the watch itself and the Logo isn't terrible im still wearing the watch and enjoying it

But it would have to be pretty bad and none of the logos for this brand are that bad to me
Amor Vincit Omnia

Mikkei4 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:49 am As with probably all non-essential things in life it's all "IMO". No logo is "best" or "worst" and what other contributors think of each should not affect our own opinion or decisions what to buy.
A very sensible and balanced approach. :thumbup:
Steve