C65 Super Compressor Timing Accuracy

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lochinvar

C65 Super Compressor Timing Accuracy

Post by Lochinvar »

I note some of you have purchased the C65 Super Compressor and my question is directed to those owners
who can attest to the timing accuracy of their watches as i am rather partial to acquiring one myself. I have other watches from well known ateliers who use the very reliable Sellita SW200-1 movement which seem to be well regulated without having to go the chronometer COSC standard route. The timing tolerance range is much better than the general margins of accuracy as stated on the CW tech specs. I find the smallest deviations are recorded when the watch is left dial down.
I would be interested to hearing from any member who is familiar with the C65 Super Compressor.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: C65 Super Compressor Timing Accuracy

Post by albionphoto »

+4s/day crown down (overnight)
+5s/day dial up (overnight)
No complaints at all.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Omega, Orion, Oris and Seiko
Lochinvar

Post by Lochinvar »

That is reassuring to know. Much better timing tolerance than I imagined 👌.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by albionphoto »

The accuracy will vary from watch to watch and from use case to use case. My last two CWs (C65 Super Compressor and C65 Black and gold) have both performed similarly. It seems CW do a good job regulating the watches before sending them out into the world.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Omega, Orion, Oris and Seiko
Mark_B
CW-watches: 2

Post by Mark_B »

I have just ordered a C65 Super Compressor at the weekend, so hopefully I will be able to report back soon. - when it arrives I'll stick it on the Time Grapher in the different positions, to see how it fares straight out of the box, so to speak.

.....If someone reminds me - (I WILL forget :lol: ), I'll re-do it after a settling in period also. - providing its a keeper of course, which I have no reason to think it won't be, especially as a very helpful lady in customer services has confirmed that the dial can be exchanged in due course if I can't live with the text misalignment on the dial. :thumbup:

I tend to change watches too frequently to check timing over a longer period, say a week/month, but I do like it when you get minimal deviation. :-D
CW: C8 Flyer UTC, C1000 Typhoon Cockpit Edition, and Many others!