New purchase - should I buy the bracelet?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

New purchase - should I buy the bracelet?

Post by ajax87 »

I bought my first CW since 2009. Bought online on Saturday, “despatched” on Monday, and showed up here in Florida on Wednesday! The C60 Sapphire. Amazingly boxed and presented. Such a beautiful watch.
I was surprised my wife approved another watch purchase after she bought me my dream speedy a few weeks ago, but I wasn’t about to argue. I thought I’d save a few bucks and buy it on the hybrid strap. I much prefer bracelets but I had one hanging around from another watch so I thought I’d try it.

What do you think, does this bracelet look OK on it or should I spring for the CW bracelet? I’m leaning toward keeping this and saving the money, but I do like the look of the end links curved and molded to the case.

PS I tried to capture the beauty of the case and how the dial changes depending on the lighting, but I’m not the best photographer :(. It truly is a great looking watch.
93ADDDCD-FB6B-4550-9883-259CF0AB094A.jpeg
770DAD3E-E95F-4690-9867-7305CF79509A.jpeg
B10B2B43-3309-4EC1-A1BF-0F180B95B4BA.jpeg
BD833E71-B990-436B-BD49-8A257256F39C.jpeg
7A6CAE3E-1F46-4D73-9A7B-4FB8B3F678A8.jpeg
AF0FF2B2-2B80-4750-8101-A2E2BEB25107.jpeg
0FF5575E-EC79-48E2-AF88-D813FE9A01DF.jpeg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: New purchase - should I buy the bracelet?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

The bracelet you have there is functional and looks okay with the watch. The advantage of getting the CW bracelet is that the end pieces will fit right up to the case and it will look a lot better without that gap.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I'd agree. That bracelet does look quite good on the watch however the fitted end links will have a better look, moreover the CW bracelets are very good particularly with the QR pins for strap changes and the ratcheting adjustment which I have found really useful on my C65 Dartmouth.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

I don’t think that looks bad at all but personally, I’d grab the bracelet for it from CW. I have no experience with the new QR bracelets but have had 3 of their bracelets in the past, all with on the fly ratchet adjustment. CW bracelets, to me, represent great value for money - they really do punch well above their weight price wise. Plus, fitted end links will just finish it off I think.
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

I did get the bracelet with mine. The fit and finish match up perfectly and the question of should/should not buy the bracelet will never enter your mind again.

Since its there now, it will always sit there until you buy it.

Brash

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

I didn't get the bracelet for my Kingfisher 10 years ago because I wanted to save money. Also because I didn't want the weight of a bracelet. I recently decided I'd actually quite like a bracelet for it and it turned out they're rather difficult to find! Granted, the Mk3 C60 is more popular, but still. Make life easier for yourself and get one now. ;)
Also, the quick release ability would be a massive selling point for me as a reason to get it if I was ever going to put the watch on a bracelet but yet still swap it over to other straps.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

For reference, here is the C60 bracelet.
20200917_151018421_iOS (2).jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

The point that tipped me in the other direction is the adjustment; this bracelet is slightly too tight without the half link and slightly too loose with it. Minor annoyance, but I hear the C60 bracelets are more adjustable. Still glad I did what I did, because I think I will like using the hybrid strap on occasion.

Well shoot, I have to go back to the boss for approval... she said no more watches for a little while, but said nothing about accessories! Lol, wish me luck!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

The current bracelet looks fine and will certainly do in a pinch, but you won’t regret getting the CW bracelet. Definitely worth the money! And get it while it’s still available. I managed to snag one for my C65 Trident Vintage before stock ran out and will probably never take it off the watch.
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia

Ratchet adjustment gives you a lot of scope. The bracelet on my C65 is just about a perfect fit when the watch and/or my wrist is cold, and the ratchet is fully in. Fully expanded it is still too loose even on the hottest and most humid of days. Normally I have it about one notch out from fully closed.
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by monkeymax »

I concur with the above posts; the ratchet adjustment on these (I have it on the Mk2 C60 bracelet that I eventually got for the Kingfisher) is superb.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

I'd go w/ the bracelet, myself..they're quite nice, given their price range and you can always sell it later, should you opt to.. :thumbup:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:36 pm Ratchet adjustment gives you a lot of scope. The bracelet on my C65 is just about a perfect fit when the watch and/or my wrist is cold, and the ratchet is fully in. Fully expanded it is still too loose even on the hottest and most humid of days. Normally I have it about one notch out from fully closed.
This is what I like to hear. That sounds phenomenal. Never had it on any of my other watches, so I’m excited to give it a whirl. Plus, this bracelet was bought from Shinola for one of my Shinola watches, and it cost me $200. The CW bracelet looks to be similar or better quality with more features, for less. Hard to beat the value for the money with Christopher Ward.

Christopher Ward should give y’all a commission on this one.
Alex
Amor Vincit Omnia

I’ve just taken a look at mine. Just to confirm, there are five positions on the ratchet and fully open it gives you about 9 mm (I was unable to determine it exactly but it’s close enough). Goes from perfect fit to jangly-bangly in seconds. And after using a leather strap I can refit the bracelet in about half a minute.
Steve

rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Here are some pics of the adjustment itself.

Fully retracted.
20200918_170429687_iOS (2).jpg

Fully extended. You can see there is about 9-10 mm of adjustment there (slightly more than 2 mm increments - from fully open 4 clicks to closed).
20200918_170513861_iOS (2).jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London