Senior
Senior

Re: Watches that never made it past a prototype

Post by Wintersports »

jkbarnes wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:33 pm
Wintersports wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:54 pm
I ve a prototype C60 - New logo but with old bezel and a 0000 serial no.
With that serial number, you might find some of the discussion in this thread interesting, specifically this...
Kip wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:21 am
A watch numbered 00, 000 or 0000 are pre production prototypes. Original prototypes do not have any numerical designation. These are the first ones built to insure that that all specs etc have been met before actual production begins. They do not count toward production numbers and are usually held until a closed series is sold out or an open series is well into production before being sold.
Many thanks for that, I might end up listing it as I ve been having a bit of a watch clear out - bought bits and pieces.
C7 Mk2
C60 Trident
Tag Aquaracer
Breitling Superocean Chrono
Omega Seamaster Vintage 1947
Panerai on Metta Catharina Strap
Cartier Santos - worn by Mrs
Elliot Brown, Phoibos, Keinzle
TW Steels
AVI-8, Parnis..etc
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jkbarnes wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:45 pm
Is there a section in the CWArchives that documents prototypes that have been sold? And if there isn’t, what about creating a collection for released prototypes? I’d find that interesting: note which range it was a prototype for and maybe a bit of provenance about each item.
That probably wouldn’t be easy. Quite a lot of prototypes were sold off before the Archives came into being. It would depend on CW having kept a record and/or our knowing to whom they were sold.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:54 am
jkbarnes wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:45 pm
That probably wouldn’t be easy. Quite a lot of prototypes were sold off before the Archives came into being. It would depend on CW having kept a record and/or our knowing to whom they were sold.
Fair points. I figured it was a long shot but asked anyway.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos