Packaging for resale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Victor88
Junior
Junior

Packaging for resale

Post by Victor88 »

Wondering if forum members re-use original packaging when reselling watches. This is the packaging my C900 arrived in, and contents have been packed the same way they arrived, down to plastic disc on face and caseback. However I suddenly had a doubt on the robustness of the cardboard and wondered if I should pack into a secondary, larger box. Shipment will be picked up by courier, intra EU by air.

Advice welcome.
CB78CC13-8D31-4218-9F23-3B46E47321D1.jpeg
1A5F9587-1246-4960-A03F-FDBAA195162B.jpeg
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photos 'Placed in Line'
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Packaging for resale

Post by H0rati0 »

In my experience (having shipped all over the world) original packaging is absolutely fine, after all it is double packed - outer cardboard and then inner watch box as recommended by DHL etc. I do additionally wrap the watch itself in bubble wrap though. If you use packaging larger than needed, the cost goes up, so your call.

Also, whatever you do ship insured for full value, don't cut corners there!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by TheBeatles »

I’ve recently sold 2 watches. One of which was a CW. I used my own box for both, only including the original watch boxes and papers. Not CWs external oblong box.

However as mentioned above, it’s imperative to wrap watch securely inside.

2nd watch tipped weight over the 2Kg Mark, so cost extra. Be aware of extra wrapping etc, it’s easy to get carried away and go over.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
scooter
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I've always cut down a strong shoebox to a fit with enough room to pack in extra filler all round.

Pre Covid any shoe retail outlet would give you one.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Victor88
Junior
Junior

Post by Victor88 »

Many thanks.