The Year of the Chronograph???

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

The Year of the Chronograph???

Post by jkbarnes »

I seem to remember that 2020 was to be the year of the chronograph for CW. Well here we are, past the halfway point, and we've only seen one chronograph released. And that was a limited edition, quartz watch specifically released to celebrate my 50th birthday (I'm choosing to believe what I want here, so don't rain on my parade). This hardly seems like the year of the chronograph so far. Is my memory incorrect on this?

An earlier Loupe teased a C65 chronograph, and another issue described an upcoming C60 Trident chronograph. And how about the C7 range? That desperately needs a refresh, no? Maybe COVID-19 wreaked havoc with the release schedule?

I'm guessing/hoping there will be a flurry of releases soon...not that I'll be a buyer. The C65 AM GE LE scratched that itch for me.

C60 Chrono.png
wonder when we'll see this?
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
Bungle-ator
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Re: The Year of the Chronograph???

Post by Bungle-ator »

I think the year of the chronograph was superceded and replaced by the year of the coronavirus. They sound a bit similar to the half way point.
Squalus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Squalus »

It is more likely to be the quarter year of the chronograph.
Clach77
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

I’ve been really looking forward to seeing the C60 Chronograph. But then my thoughts have been distracted by the mention of an SH21 C60 Chronometer. :D

Trying not to buy any more watches...
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by H0rati0 »

Clach77 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:10 am
I’ve been really looking forward to seeing the C60 Chronograph. But then my thoughts have been distracted by the mention of an SH21 C60 Chronometer. :D

The SH21 C60 could well be serious candidate for budget.....and given the position of the PR display on SH21 models I surmise the logo will have to move, yay!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Dynamite_Kid19

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

I'd prefer a tri compax chrono.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk