Compressor in the wild!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: Compressor in the wild!

Post by Thermexman »

stefs wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:48 pm I think it looks very attractive but I very much understand what you mean. For a tool watch it is very dressy. PersonallyI like it a lot. The colour looks great in real life pictures as well.
Does that lower text look centred correctly? It looks like the top line is too far over to the left compared to the wr figures. Maybe just an optical illusion!
A very nice addition (if you keep it Steve!)
:( you are correct. I can’t un see it now. :silent:
Steve.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Thanks for the “in the flesh” pictures.

I was privileged enough to see some of the 3D renders and sketches a few months back, before lockdown, when I visited CW Towers, but nothing can surpass real life images.

I really do love the addition of so many colour variants, as well as the resurrecting of such an iconic design. The exhibition case back, allowing all to see its engineering/design intricacies, is a real gem. The cushion case design might not be for me, but I am sure it will appeal to many.

Chapeau, CW. Hope it sells well!

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Thermexman wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:38 pm
stefs wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:48 pm I think it looks very attractive but I very much understand what you mean. For a tool watch it is very dressy. PersonallyI like it a lot. The colour looks great in real life pictures as well.
Does that lower text look centred correctly? It looks like the top line is too far over to the left compared to the wr figures. Maybe just an optical illusion!
A very nice addition (if you keep it Steve!)
:( you are correct. I can’t un see it now. :silent:
As far as I can see, all the relevant photos on CW's website show the same alignment i.e. the watches in the wild are as designed / intended (not that there has been an error in the printing).

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

Or there is an error in the design which has followed over into printing....

That could be an expensive mistake for CW!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:50 pm As far as I can see, all the relevant photos on CW's website show the same alignment i.e. the watches in the wild are as designed / intended (not that there has been an error in the printing).

Guy
Let's be honest with ourselves here Guy.
What possible reason could they have to purposely misalign centre justified text?
Ryan
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Great photos, thanks for posting. This isn’t a watch that tickles my pickle but I can admire it nevertheless. I am sure it will do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

StrappedUp wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:20 am
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:50 pm As far as I can see, all the relevant photos on CW's website show the same alignment i.e. the watches in the wild are as designed / intended (not that there has been an error in the printing).

Guy
Let's be honest with ourselves here Guy.
What possible reason could they have to purposely misalign centre justified text?
Agreed. It stands out as being lopsided. :shock:

An error or lack of judgement.

Now very unlikely that I will buy one. Such a shame as I think it’s such a good looking watch. :(

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Very nice watch, cuts a distinctive swath. Luckily, no date rules it out for me but I too think it will be a big seller for CW and deservedly so.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

I am sorry Guy but I have to disagree. To me it is a ridiculous error. The lop sidedness is so clear and I can’t believe it would be deliberate. I also can’t think how it was missed. Bloomin shame as I really think they are goodlooking.
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:50 pm
As far as I can see, all the relevant photos on CW's website show the same alignment i.e. the watches in the wild are as designed / intended (not that there has been an error in the printing).

Guy
That might be even more alarming, if they decided the alignment was fine.

I didn't notice it myself until it was pointed out, but I'm not the most observant person around.

Other potential purchasers would certainly notice, which would put off a lot of them from buying the watch. And that would be a pity because it's very nice.

But at its price, people are going to be more particular and less forgiving than if it were a cheapie.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Some great photos, thanks for sharing. That outer bezel is quite shiny isn't it!

The lopsided text issue is a strange one, but you'd assume CW would fix it with a recall/warranty dial replacement for any early stock. It could even end up becoming a limited edition :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

It’s probably within “specifications”
Tim
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

I love the side view of the crowns and the underside. Orange highlights are excellent. Plus obviously the bracelet, CW do great bracelets.

But any view of the dial isn’t for me.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

It’s definitely “out”. Not so noticeable in reality though as it’s teeny tiny writing!
09C336B5-36E5-479E-B469-5A8E2E12271A.jpeg
Steve.
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

As I gaze upon the excellent features and smile, remembering myriad discussions about execution not synchronising with aspirations or increasing prices, I’m reminded that this hobby incorporates such a wide range of views and opinions. Some will say the error is so tiny as to be not noticeable. Others will say CW really should get every detail spot on. Others still will say ‘why, CW, why can’t you check and double check before you go live with a release, knowing that there is a direct correlation between the price you ask and the level of scrutiny each new piece will receive?’