C60 Trident Pro - Second Hand problem?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
stanleyleecm
CW-watches: 0

C60 Trident Pro - Second Hand problem?

Post by stanleyleecm »

Hi All, I am new to the forum but I recently acquired a C60 pro in red. Absolutely love it in terms of finishes and the fit, however I discovered something off as I am going through the watch in detail. From I can tell, the second hand seems to be tilted up and it is almost touching the underside of the crystal. I tried my best to capture what i see because it is in such an odd angle.

Thanks!

NeWard
Junior
Junior

Re: C60 Trident Pro - Second Hand problem?

Post by NeWard »

contact CW

JAFO
Senior
Senior

Post by JAFO »

Does it keep good time? If it does, I would be inclined to think it's just a trick of the light.

MarkingTime
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by MarkingTime »

It might be touching and still not affect time keeping, but will eventually create a score all around the inside of the crystal.

A local watchmatcher would have that sorted for less than the cost of posting to CW and you will end up paying postage both ways if nothing is wrong.

JAFO
Senior
Senior

Post by JAFO »

Is there a counterweight on the second hand? Does that look like it's pointing downwards? If the hand isn't flat, you would have thought the counterweight might foul the minute hand.

Henryj
CW-watches: 1

Post by Henryj »

JAFO wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:14 am
Does it keep good time? If it does, I would be inclined to think it's just a trick of the light.
At first, I was thinking parallax issue. Just a trick of the crystal or the viewing angle. A closer look at the pics shows the trident just about in contact with the minute hand. I’ll echo the other advice and suggest getting it taken care of. I’m thinking one more bump and that second hand might just come off.
The gods may note every sparrow that falls, but they make no effort to catch them.