C60 Elite 1000 or C60 Elite 1000 GMT???

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
NeWard
Senior
Senior

C60 Elite 1000 or C60 Elite 1000 GMT???

Post by NeWard »

I'm so torn between these two models, GMT or non-GMT version should I get?

I thought the GMT ring inside can't be rotated would be a deal killer on top of how busy both the gmt ring and the bezel ring would look on top of each others, but the black version with the white gmt ring looks realllllly nice on the eye, so I'm stuck here with the difficult choice :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Elite 1000 or C60 Elite 1000 GMT???

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Do you need the GMT? (Y/N)

If Y: sorted.

If N: pick the one you like most.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

The Elite 1000 GMT wears more like a 40mm (its actually 42mm same as the standard one).

If that's relevant to the thought process.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I find the elite gmt just too busy and crowded looking with the inner 24hr scale. But that’s just me personal preference. There’s really only one person on this forum who can answer this question.

Perhaps make a pros and cons chart for each watch and compare? Or independent of these specific models, make a list of what you want in a watch and compare that list to both.

Or do what I do when faced with a major purchase decision, or any decision for that matter: wait on it.* Time always seems to sort things out. A month down the road one may not be speaking to you so much while the other still is. Decision made.
*FULL DISCLOSURE: I did not do this with either of my CWs. Both were essentially impulses purchases that contravened what my longtime watch desires had been up until that point, so what do I know?! No regrets whatsoever though.
Drew
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

I bought the GMT fully expecting it to be too busy and to wear a little small but once it arrived I completely forgot this and it really grew on me.

Have barely taken it off since!
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Toph
Senior
Senior

Post by Toph »

I have the c60 GMT and also the c60 elite. Both are superb,
The elite GMT is quite ugly in comparison in my opinion, so I’d go with the Elite. It genuinely the only CW I think that of
Cheers
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:01 pm
Or do what I do when faced with a major purchase decision, or any decision for that matter: wait on it.* Time always seems to sort things out. A month down the road one may not be speaking to you so much while the other still is. Decision made.
*FULL DISCLOSURE: I did not do this with either of my CWs. Both were essentially impulses purchases that contravened what my longtime watch desires had been up until that point, so what do I know?! No regrets whatsoever though.
I'm glad you added the full disclosure section as your post up to then was way too sensible, I find impulse tends to win over common sense :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way