CW crown and stem system

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
brash47
Senior
Senior

CW crown and stem system

Post by brash47 »

Since I'm still very new to CW, I'm interested im the design aspect of the stem and crown.

I was reading and posting on another thread about water tightness and it made me wonder.

Im going to assume on the C65 divers that there is 1 or even 2 gaskets on the stem going in the watch to deal with water resistance. I do know that a screw down crown does not add or detract water resistance unless its designed a specific way. Im good with the push/pull crown on these for 150m resistance.

My question is more on the pro diver C60 series. Does CW put a gasket on the inside of the crown, adding an additional seal when it is screwed down, or is it just a screw mechanism to hold the crown in place against accidental pulling while under water.

If so, is it just an inserted gasket or is it something akin to the Rolex twinlock or even triplock?

Brash

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Re: CW crown and stem system

Post by nbg »

My thoughts:
Watch brands are generally good at talking up the spec and credentials of their watches. In this CW are no different to other brands. However having looked at the detail listed on the CW website for the C60 Pro 600 and C60 Elite 1000 models I can see no reference to an up spec crown/gasket set up.

On the other hand I did find this! :shock:
BB94BCB2-6482-410E-9245-EC6A390A5D44.png
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Blackdog
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Blackdog »

nbg wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:53 pm

Neil
This kind of publicity amazes me.
"If you're scuba diving one kilometer below.... you're a dead diver with a (maybe) still working watch on yor wrist !"

To the original question, I'm pretty sure there's a flat gasket inside the crown of the C60s.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by nbg »

Blackdog wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:21 am
nbg wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:53 pm

Neil
This kind of publicity amazes me.
"If you're scuba diving one kilometer below.... you're a dead diver with a (maybe) still working watch on yor wrist !"
Yep good to see that at least someone was awake and noticed! :lol:

IIRC the deepest ever SCUBA dive is 332.35m. :silent:

Sad thing is there are folk who probably only buy watches with such high WR because they think it is a badge of honour. Well that and for safety when at the deep end of the pool when on holiday. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK