Do returned items become “Nearly New” items?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Do returned items become “Nearly New” items?

Post by jkbarnes »

If so, I imagine the C65 AM GT LE I returned because it was the wrong serial # might show up as a “nearly new” at some point. Unless they just sell it as new to someone else?
Drew
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Do returned items become “Nearly New” items?

Post by Thegreyman »

I think this has been discussed before Andrew but I can't remember which thread. iirc, the conclusion was that if the watch is returned under 60/60 by the purchaser then to do so it must be "box fresh" i.e. still new and unworn with all stickers etc in place. So assuming returned for any reason other than a fault/defect it can then be re-sold as new.

Nearly new used to be defined on the CW website but I can't see it now, again I think it mentioned watches that had been worn/lightly used such as for press photos.

I think the experience of a lot of us who have purchased NN is that the watch looked literally new and you struggled to say it had ever been out of its box before.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Zax
Junior
Junior

Post by Zax »

I asked this question when I bought a GMT a few weeks back. They said it was used in a photo shoot. Could be a generic response? But I got it today and it is pretty much new. I don't see a single scratch. Good deal!
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I was slightly surprised that sale items are half price, but nearly new tend to be only 30 per cent off.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

JAFO wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:38 pm I was slightly surprised that sale items are half price, but nearly new tend to be only 30 per cent off.
You might find that the sale items tend to be older or less favoured models (on the whole) whereas in NN you can find even the latest most in demand models.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Botsy
Junior
Junior

Post by Botsy »

Got my ‘nearly new’ c60 elite black today and it was still stickered and spotless. Would not have been any different if I’d paid the full new price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I think the NN watches are returns, because I got an C3 Malvern with an additional hole crudely punched in the strap. I can't imagine a photagraher or blogger would ruin a strap. CW did make it right by quickly sending me a replcement.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I think that we ought to take the CW description of NN as definitive.

Returns are supposed be immaculate so there should be no problem with them being sold as "new"? If I walk into a Rolex (say) AD and try on a watch, then decide not to buy it, I wouldn't expect that the shop would then sell it off with a 30% discount.

I'm sure that we have all bought coats etc. that have been tried on in the shop and not thought twice about paying full price.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left