If you could pick any watches on CW‘s site for 55% off which one would you pick?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
NeWard
Senior
Senior

If you could pick any watches on CW‘s site for 55% off which one would you pick?

Post by NeWard »

Hello fellow CW enthusiasts, I recently got a discount for an order I placed during July sale which get oversold and get offered a 55% discount on any non limited edition models from CW‘s website. If you were given this chance which watch would you choose for your purchase? Would you think the more expensive ones the better or just pick something that you like?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: If you could pick any watches on CW‘s site for 55% off which one would you pick?

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Its only a bargain if you would pay full price for it - Downer's Rules i.e. buy what you like, not what you think you ought to because it is cheap.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: If you could pick any watches on CW‘s site for 55% off which one would you pick?

Post by tikkathree »

I'm with him... buying 'cos it's cheap isn't the route to long-term happiness and you might as well think alongside the EBay flippers - where's the maximum return on investment?
Buy the model you'll enjoy wearing day in, day out.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Same advice, take 3. Buy the one you think you will like most and wear most.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

I cant offer any better opinion than the advice already given. What is the watch (if there is one) that you really want from CW?

I was in a fortunate position last year (I had a sizeable voucher for £X towards any CW watch).
There was 1 that I genuinely lusted after but hadnt been able to justify buying at that time (C9 AM GT). If there wasnt I would have held on to the voucher until a model arrived I did want or bought a desirable model and sold on to put the £ towards something I really wanted.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

If there are any of the expensive cw's that you have thought "yep, I really like that but crickey that's a lot for a cw" then thats the one to go for.
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Renton »

NeWard wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:00 am Hello fellow CW enthusiasts, I recently got a discount for an order I placed during July sale which get oversold and get offered a 55% discount on any non limited edition models from CW‘s website. If you were given this chance which watch would you choose for your purchase? Would you think the more expensive ones the better or just pick something that you like?
Very generous of CW to offer that :clap:
What watch did you miss out on?

If it was a dress I'd be looking at C1 Moonglows or the Worldtimer.

If it was a dive I'd be all over a C60 Elite GMT.

Whatever you do it needs to be something you like!
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:43 am Its only a bargain if you would pay full price for it - Downer's Rules i.e. buy what you like, not what you think you ought to because it is cheap.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
thank you!! :thumbup:
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

Renton wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:32 am
NeWard wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:00 am Hello fellow CW enthusiasts, I recently got a discount for an order I placed during July sale which get oversold and get offered a 55% discount on any non limited edition models from CW‘s website. If you were given this chance which watch would you choose for your purchase? Would you think the more expensive ones the better or just pick something that you like?
Very generous of CW to offer that :clap:
What watch did you miss out on?

If it was a dress I'd be looking at C1 Moonglows or the Worldtimer.

If it was a dive I'd be all over a C60 Elite GMT.

Whatever you do it needs to be something you like!
I placed an order for a 55% off nearly new c60 elite 1000 blue diver on strap.... came out to be around 600 something
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

tikkathree wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:56 am I'm with him... buying 'cos it's cheap isn't the route to long-term happiness and you might as well think alongside the EBay flippers - where's the maximum return on investment?
Buy the model you'll enjoy wearing day in, day out.
thank you! :thumbup:
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

Soporsche wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:37 am I cant offer any better opinion than the advice already given. What is the watch (if there is one) that you really want from CW?

I was in a fortunate position last year (I had a sizeable voucher for £X towards any CW watch).
There was 1 that I genuinely lusted after but hadnt been able to justify buying at that time (C9 AM GT). If there wasnt I would have held on to the voucher until a model arrived I did want or bought a desirable model and sold on to put the £ towards something I really wanted.
I liked the Morgans especially the aero 8 but even with the discount im having hard time pulling the trigger on it...
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:06 am Same advice, take 3. Buy the one you think you will like most and wear most.
yeah its tough decision.... already having too many watches :lol:
Gyelex
Junior
Junior

Post by Gyelex »

Agree, maybe just the c8 Morgan chronograph..