C60 Trident Dead on Arrival?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Post Reply
Zax
Junior
Junior
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:25 am

C60 Trident Dead on Arrival?

Post by Zax »

So I bought the Trident C60 Pro a couple weeks back, and while waiting for dispatch, a black one showed up at a good price. I called CW and asked if I could cancel, but unfortunately could not. They said to just open a return once I receive it.

Fast forward, I wanted to check out the blue dial in person. Received the watch just an hour ago and took a look. It is a very nice blue, but the black is just fine. I gave the watch a little jostle to start it, but noticed it didn't start. I shrugged it off and stuck it back in the box. I was curious though...so opened it back up and took the little plastic protective film off to hand wind it. Wound it around 40 times, but the movement remained dead.

I already opened a return *EDIT: Before taking a close look at the watch* already but did not mention this - two questions:

A) Has this ever happened before? I've never had an auto not work with a slight shake, or even hand winding for that matter
B) Will they reject the return? I plan on calling them direct tomorrow to inquire.

I did wrap the dial and case back up with the protective film and placed everything back into the DHL Packaging.

User avatar
It'sAliveJim
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 6468
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: C60 Trident Dead on Arrival?

Post by It'sAliveJim »

If it doesn't work, it's broken, therefore a full refund will be on the way.

Why didn't you mention it was faulty and why would they reject the return?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits

Zax
Junior
Junior
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:25 am

Re: C60 Trident Dead on Arrival?

Post by Zax »

It'sAliveJim wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:36 pm
If it doesn't work, it's broken, therefore a full refund will be on the way.

Why didn't you mention it was faulty and why would they reject the return?
I opened the return before I even took it out. I had the warranty card for the serial, but that's about it. I wasn't planning on keeping it, so I filled out all of the info before looking at the watch.

I have no idea. I've never dealt with this company before. I've also never received a dead watch on arrival.

User avatar
tikkathree
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 4170
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:21 am
CW-watches: 7
Location: East Anglia - arr 'aas right buh

Re: C60 Trident Dead on Arrival?

Post by tikkathree »

Zax wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:42 pm
. I've also never received a dead watch on arrival.
Well, at the point of stating the obvious, I expect we all find that to be a very unusual situation. :-k :-k :-k :-k

You hand wound it? You gave it a gentle shake? The stem is fully "in"?
C60 MKI COSC black, MKI black GMT,
C60 300 white,
C60 MKII Day Date LE, GMT White, LE SH21, ACAN, Bronze Ombre LE,
C60 MKIII Ombre COSC, Elite 1000 GMT,
C6 Kingfisher x3,
C60 K'fisher
C600 Tritech x 3,
C65 Anthropocene. Blue h/w,

nwnjw01
Senior
Senior
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:32 pm
CW-watches: 3

Re: C60 Trident Dead on Arrival?

Post by nwnjw01 »

Zax wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:42 pm
It'sAliveJim wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:36 pm
If it doesn't work, it's broken, therefore a full refund will be on the way.

Why didn't you mention it was faulty and why would they reject the return?
I opened the return before I even took it out. I had the warranty card for the serial, but that's about it. I wasn't planning on keeping it, so I filled out all of the info before looking at the watch.

I have no idea. I've never dealt with this company before. I've also never received a dead watch on arrival.
As suggested above If it doesn’t work I would send it back under the 60/60 Guarantee.

In my humble experience CW are very very reasonable with returns, all they seem to require is that the watch is “unworn”, in practice this seems to mean no obvious signs of use/abuse.
I would repack it, return it with an explanatory note and await your refund with a high degree of confidence, (assuming of course that there has genuinely been no “incident” or “damage” since you received the watch).
(You can even request/order a free of charge returns pack from their website).

CW,s actual wording is .....
“ If you aren’t happy with your watch for any reason, provided it is still in perfect condition and accompanied by all the original packaging and documentation, you can return it to us free of charge for up to 60 days from the date of despatch for a full refund or exchange.”

In this regard I have found CW to be as good as their word, (or better).

Zax
Junior
Junior
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:25 am

Re: C60 Trident Dead on Arrival?

Post by Zax »

tikkathree wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:48 am
Zax wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:42 pm
. I've also never received a dead watch on arrival.
Well, at the point of stating the obvious, I expect we all find that to be a very unusual situation. :-k :-k :-k :-k

You hand wound it? You gave it a gentle shake? The stem is fully "in"?
Yeah, wound it, gentle shake, stem fully in as well (came fully screwed down and all). I've got 6 other watches, from Orient Star to Seiko, really never had anything like this happen. I wasn't sure if maybe the movement required something different, though I wouldn't see why.

Zax
Junior
Junior
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:25 am

Re: C60 Trident Dead on Arrival?

Post by Zax »

nwnjw01 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:23 am
Zax wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:42 pm
It'sAliveJim wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:36 pm
If it doesn't work, it's broken, therefore a full refund will be on the way.

Why didn't you mention it was faulty and why would they reject the return?
I opened the return before I even took it out. I had the warranty card for the serial, but that's about it. I wasn't planning on keeping it, so I filled out all of the info before looking at the watch.

I have no idea. I've never dealt with this company before. I've also never received a dead watch on arrival.
As suggested above If it doesn’t work I would send it back under the 60/60 Guarantee.

In my humble experience CW are very very reasonable with returns, all they seem to require is that the watch is “unworn”, in practice this seems to mean no obvious signs of use/abuse.
I would repack it, return it with an explanatory note and await your refund with a high degree of confidence, (assuming of course that there has genuinely been no “incident” or “damage” since you received the watch).
(You can even request/order a free of charge returns pack from their website).

CW,s actual wording is .....
“ If you aren’t happy with your watch for any reason, provided it is still in perfect condition and accompanied by all the original packaging and documentation, you can return it to us free of charge for up to 60 days from the date of despatch for a full refund or exchange.”

In this regard I have found CW to be as good as their word, (or better).
Yeah, I was able to contact them. Waiting on information for the actual return still. While I was on the phone with customer service, they were able to help me get my hands on a MK2 GMT in the clearance, which I'm pretty stoked about. Love the wave dial, missed the boat on those though.

Zax
Junior
Junior
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:25 am

Re: C60 Trident Dead on Arrival?

Post by Zax »

Finally got a return label. DHL was scheduled to pickup about 2 hours after Megan (from CW) contacted me, which was crazy. Watch is already back in the UK.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply