Not Happy with CW customer service

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Hedgehogger

Not Happy with CW customer service

Post by Hedgehogger »

I ordered 2 watches and 4 extra straps during the CW sale on July 10th. On July 21st, I had still not received a notification of shipping so I contacted CW and they told me my order had been on hold because one of the straps was back-ordered. I expressed my frustration and told them I would have dropped the strap if I had realized it was back-ordered (it did not show back-ordered when I purchased it).

CW did not reply to that email. So on July 24th I sent them a message asking them to cancel the order. Today at 11:56 I get a notification that my order has shipped. Exactly 20 minutes later I get a reply to my request to cancel my order saying, "I have just had a look at your order and it is showing that it has been despatched. Unfortunately, I am unable to cancel the order now."

Maybe I'm particularly sensitive about this but I've bought 4 CW watches in the past 5 weeks and expect better service than that. I thought CW had a good reputation for customer service and so far I am not experiencing that. Am I wrong about their reputation for good customer service, is this the norm?
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Re: Not Happy with CW customer service

Post by monkeymax »

I've found their customer service exemplary recently, in a combination of email and phone calls. I have given them some grace period for replies to emails as they do seem very busy. It may be worth giving them a call about it, but I suspect you can just refuse the delivery and they'll just be returned to Maidenhead.
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

I can understand your frustration. It's annoying for you that the email you sent Friday hadn't been read and acted on by midday on the next working day, thus letting the order ship before reading your cancellation.

If you don't like the stuff, just use 60/60 free return for full refund.
There's always time for one more.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Paul Drawmer wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:27 pm If you don't like the stuff, just use 60/60 free return for full refund.
That’s what I’ll have to do if order not cancelled.

I ordered a watch, but then bought one from Sales Corner.

So the ordered one has to be cancelled. No room in my 17 space watch box/winder. I could at a push stretch to 18 (17 in box, one on wrist). But I think I’d be pushing my luck getting 2 big parcels thru the door unnoticed.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:39 pm
Paul Drawmer wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:27 pm If you don't like the stuff, just use 60/60 free return for full refund.

So the ordered one has to be cancelled. No room in my 17 space watch box/winder. I could at a push stretch to 18 (17 in box, one on wrist). But I think I’d be pushing my luck getting 2 big parcels thru the door unnoticed.
Doesn't happen to be a 38mm bronze by any chance Brian? :D
Ryan
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:57 pm
Doesn't happen to be a 38mm bronze by any chance Brian? :D
If you mean one to be returned, no

Return is :- C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #2
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Hedgehogger

Post by Hedgehogger »

monkeymax wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:21 pm I've found their customer service exemplary recently, in a combination of email and phone calls. I have given them some grace period for replies to emails as they do seem very busy. It may be worth giving them a call about it, but I suspect you can just refuse the delivery and they'll just be returned to Maidenhead.
I ended up calling a little while ago. It turns out the person I had been talking to only works part time and then went on vacation, that's why I never got a response to my first email and why the instruction to cancel was not acted on in time.

The person I spoke with offered to give me two of the straps for free as an apology, but I didn't take her up on the offer yet. I figured I'd sleep on it and decide if I want to keep the watches or not. She was very nice and made me feel better about CW. I guess the lesson learned if I need to deal with customer service again is to call.
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

I dealt with customer service via email and the response was a little slow, but ultimately I was satisfied.

Im going to keep a few things in mind, especially having dealt with customer service from a few companies during this time.

Folks are still not fully back in their offices. Part time work from home and others working from home will add some complications to the customer service levels of all companies while we deal with this pandemic. Its a pandemic, no country before has acted in this manner with an illness floating around.

I've lived through a few and the shut downs did not happen before. So I'll have patience.

Shipping from anywhere is a nightmare right now. It may or may not get picked up from a facility in a timely manner, it may sit in customs forever, we don't have any control over these things.

I just recently returned a watch to timex and it literally took 62 days from the day I dropped it off at the post office.....with a prepaid shipping label. And this was just to ship within continental US.

See if you like the watch. If so, keep it. Don't return a product because somebody who didn't have anything to do with the supply chain rubbed you the wrong way. You got a great deal.....enjoy it!! Definitely take them up on their free strap offer.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:39 pm

Just had Pre-Despatch cancellation email from CW, no need for 60/60 return.

Watch number holding steady at 17. When Sales Corner purchase arrives tomorrow, that is.

No problems with CW Customer Service here.