Not a Fan of DHL

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
senna2000
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Re: Not a Fan of DHL

Post by senna2000 »

I am lucky enough to speak to my DHL delivery driver who also happens to do a lot of pickups from Park Street, so he is usually wearing a CW when he delivers! Different areas, different people, different stories.
Chubley

Post by Chubley »

I'm in the US and I've had alright experiences with DHL. One thing that bugs me about them though is that they are way too optimistic about their delivery dates. I don't think I have ever gotten a delivery by the initially quoted date and when I inquire it's always something with them. My favorite was when my watch "missed the plane."

I will say though that I have had far worse experiences with other int'l carriers and now that I know to temper my expectations as to the delivery time, I'd give them a solid 6 out of 10.
Ukyo
Junior
Junior

Post by Ukyo »

I'm in the US also and I've actually had the opposite happen to me with regards to delivery dates. They initially tell me one day but I've received packages usually 1 day earlier. However, my C60 sapphire is currently stuck cuz they are asking for a watch details breakdown now while my C60 Lympstone went through perfectly fine without them asking for this breakdown (this was also one of the packages I've received 1 day earlier). Both were roughly the same price so I don't know why this is happening. I got unlucky w/ the person scanning my package? Lol
Wintersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Wintersports »

My experience is that they are appalling.I live in a city centre apartment and to date I have NEVER (sorry for shouting) actually had a delivery from them.

I don't even get a while you were out card. They simply drive past, say that looks difficult and keep going.I have to get a tracking number and drive to the depot and collect.

This for the record is not a one off.... It's more than 20 packages. I've even had a package left for me, but not told me in a local Chinese food store.

How bad.. Use hermes, brit post office..anyone else.
C7 Rapide Mk2,
Tag Aquaracer
Breitling Superocean Chrono
Omega Seamaster Vintage 1947
Panerai on Metta Catharina Strap
Cartier Santos - worn by Mrs
Two Steinharts, Phoibos, Keinzle
Parnis. Heimdallr Willard, Steeldive bronze... all boys' toys