CW Return Process

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

CW Return Process

Post by jkbarnes »

I have to say, I’m really impressed with CW’s return procedures. I’m sending back my C65 AM GE LE because they sent the wrong serial number. After my initial email pointing out the mistake, I got a response saying they will set up a return and asking for some basic information first. I sent the info and then got a second email with the return form and notification that a pick-up had been initiated with DHL. Also got an email from DHL with all the necessary paperwork and a link to schedule the pick up.

Other than having to go to my parents’ to pick up the print outs of the necessary labels (I’m having unresolved printer issues at home), I don’t need to leave my house for this! Fist emails received on Monday, pick up on Wednesday.

I’m impressed!

Let’s hope the actual exchange goes just as smoothly. They tell me my requested serial number is in house already and has been set aside for me.

And they’re going to size the bracelet!
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos

Henryj
CW-watches: 1

Re: CW Return Process

Post by Henryj »

You’re having better luck than I am. No response from them yet on a contact message sent a week and a half ago, and no response on a return request sent last Friday.
The gods may note every sparrow that falls, but they make no effort to catch them.

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Henryj wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:26 pm
You’re having better luck than I am. No response from them yet on a contact message sent a week and a half ago, and no response on a return request sent last Friday.
Goodness! That’s polar opposite of my experience so far. The existence of a discrepancy such as this does say something about CS procedures. I know this was an issue before with a concerted effort by CW to address it. I hope your situation gets resolved. I’m sure others on the forum can chime in with some suggested courses of action for you if things don’t move forward.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

I have been in regular contact with their customer service dept over the last month and found them very polite and responsive, usually a couple of days to get a response.

biggus_richus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

I had a couple of nearly new purchases to return. Both requests for return packages submitted via the web form went ignored, but I had better luck emailing support directly.

The returns were received July 14th. On the 16th I got a confirmation email saying that they are being passed to the technicians for inspection and that the refund process should be complete within 5-10 working days.
Rich.

CW | Garmin | Marloe | Omega | Oris | Pinion | Seiko | Timex

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

biggus_richus wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:37 am
I had a couple of nearly new purchases to return. Both requests for return packages submitted via the web form went ignored, but I had better luck emailing support directly.
I ought to point out that my return was initiated after an email exchange directly with customer support, not through a return request submitted via the web form.
Andrew

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Henryj
CW-watches: 1

Post by Henryj »

jkbarnes wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:05 pm
biggus_richus wrote:
I ought to point out that my return was initiated after an email exchange directly with customer support, not through a return request submitted via the web form.
I’m having the same experience now. Once I emailed them directly, I got a quick response and they’re arranging my return. One email did mention issues with contacts and returns via the website forms, so that explains it. I’ve lost faith in the recent crop of SW330 movements, but I did let them know I’d be open to a C60 diver, non-GMT as an exchange. I still think it’s a great watch in all respects other than the movement.
The gods may note every sparrow that falls, but they make no effort to catch them.

Gripper
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Gripper »

I completed the website return form for a recent purchase and indicated on it I didn't require home collection. Just had an email stating please can you advise the best day, address and contact information so I can arrange a DHL collection for you?

biggus_richus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

biggus_richus wrote:

The returns were received July 14th. On the 16th I got a confirmation email saying that they are being passed to the technicians for inspection and that the refund process should be complete within 5-10 working days.
Point of note - the refunds were confirmed on August 1st and received August 4th. Slightly longer than the quoted 5-10 working days, but they are at least happening.
Rich.

CW | Garmin | Marloe | Omega | Oris | Pinion | Seiko | Timex

Botsy
Junior
Junior

Post by Botsy »

The watches are sitting in quarantine upon return before processing refunds which makes sense. My refund took a bit longer but I got it so no probs waiting a bit longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

biggus_richus wrote:

I have a C65 to return but can't even find the return form on the website. I've followed all the "Returns" links but it doesn't show a form.
Hopefully the email direct to customer services will work but I think something isn't working on the website.

Botsy
Junior
Junior

CW Return Process

Post by Botsy »

Mikkei4 wrote:
biggus_richus wrote:

I have a C65 to return but can't even find the return form on the website. I've followed all the "Returns" links but it doesn't show a form.
Hopefully the email direct to customer services will work but I think something isn't working on the website.
Found it but is not working for some reason.

redmonaco
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by redmonaco »

seems the returns feature on the website routes through some weird software. I got an auto email saying they had my return request then nothing more. So I phoned customer service and then got an email asking for all the details that I had already put on the return form. Phoned Customer service again and was told that the forms usually did not include the information by the time they got to Customer service...couldnt make it up!!

Why not just send form direct to CS like the old days???

Zax
Junior
Junior

Post by Zax »

I'm curious how long it usually takes once the return has been delivered back? I tried emailing them to confirm receipt of my return (arrived Monday, signed by someone) over to them. Still nothing. Figured I will prob call Friday if there is still nothing from them, but I found it a little odd that there is no acknowledgement of even receiving the return.

Botsy
Junior
Junior

Post by Botsy »

I think I got confirmation 3 days after they received it and another 2 or 3 days to get the refund.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk