Opinions Please - C65 Trident - Bracelet or Strap

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Opinions Please - C65 Trident - Bracelet or Strap

Post by Leon O »

During the sale, I picked up a C65 Trident Diver on bracelet. I've turned into one of "those guys" who immediately takes the bracelet off and leaves it in the box. At first I was positive it would look better on a camel strap. Now, I'm thinking I should take the bracelet out of the box and enjoy it.

So, which do you think has the right vibe for a vintage styled watch? A leather strap, a hybrid strap, or a bracelet.

Thanks

Leon
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Opinions Please - C65 Trident - Bracelet or Strap

Post by jkbarnes »

All the above! With the quick release pins you can change things out as the mood or occasion warrants!
Drew
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

jkbarnes wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:53 am All the above! With the quick release pins you can change things out as the mood or occasion warrants!
Thanks!!

One of the reasons I'm asking for experienced opinions is so that I don't go overboard on straps that will sit in a box in the basement. Some times a strap looks good in a picture, but not so good in person. Unfortunately my local jewellers do not offer much in the way of strap selections.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Leon O wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:50 am
jkbarnes wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:53 am All the above! With the quick release pins you can change things out as the mood or occasion warrants!
Thanks!!

One of the reasons I'm asking for experienced opinions is so that I don't go overboard on straps that will sit in a box in the basement. Some times a strap looks good in a picture, but not so good in person. Unfortunately my local jewellers do not offer much in the way of strap selections.
Plenty of options to be found online. WatchGecko has some great options at good prices. And they ship quickly.

And as far as I’m concerned, one can’t go overboard on strap options! :lol:
Drew
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Which colour dial do you have?

Not that that is super relevant as, having owned the C65 Trident Diver in Black, Khaki (prototype), Khaki and now Blue, which arrived on Wednesday, the 'best' look is on . . .
.. . bracelet, bracelet and bracelet.

Having said that, I currently have my Blue one on an Orange & Khaki NATO.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by RichM »

Definately the right decision to buy with a bracelet and the CW quick release straps make changing them around so much easier.

In the hot weather I find a bracelet is much more comfortable especially with the micro adjustment than a leather or nato strap.

I've only recently come to appreciate the benefits of a bracelet as I was always worried they were a bit bling. I was wrong and I've been missing out.

Bracelet for summer, leather for winter!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Leon O wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:47 am During the sale, I picked up a C65 Trident Diver on bracelet. I've turned into one of "those guys" who immediately takes the bracelet off and leaves it in the box.
I’m wondering whether your phrasing there (“those guys”) indicates that you are perhaps thinking of keeping the bracelet pristine in case you should wish to sell the watch.

I have the blue version of this and have tried it on leather straps, but to me it just belongs on the bracelet, especially in summer.

I would put the bracelet on and enjoy the watch to the full.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Bracelet, definitely with the c65.
It is nice to play about with straps for a change sometimes but I usually end up back at the bracelet
Cheers now, Paul
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:15 am
Leon O wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:47 am During the sale, I picked up a C65 Trident Diver on bracelet. I've turned into one of "those guys" who immediately takes the bracelet off and leaves it in the box.
I’m wondering whether your phrasing there (“those guys”) indicates that you are perhaps thinking of keeping the bracelet pristine in case you should wish to sell the watch.

I have the blue version of this and have tried it on leather straps, but to me it just belongs on the bracelet, especially in summer.

I would put the bracelet on and enjoy the watch to the full.
You are correct about my terminology, those guys. However, I have not flipped a watch in 20 years. Because I'm a hoarder, I guess my only excuse to keep the bracelet pristine is the unlikely event that I return it under 60/60.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:02 am
.. . bracelet, bracelet and bracelet.

Having said that, I currently have my Blue one on an Orange & Khaki NATO. Image

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
I have always worn bracelets, up until last year. And this year I discovered that I like natos and perlon too.

On screen I like the look of the blue dial with the camel strap better than the bracelet, but got the one with the bracelet because the sale price was too good to pass up.

You very clear opinion about the bracelet is giving me cause to have mine resized.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

IMO (clearly in the minority here ) it looks best on a CW Camel strap
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Viognier wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:00 pm IMO (clearly in the minority here ) it looks best on a CW Camel strap
Agreed! While it looks good on anything, it’s quite striking on the camel leather.
Drew
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

I also bought the blue C65 Trident Diver with bracelet.

I’ve had issues with bracelets in the past as temperature changes caused them to be either too loose or too tight.

Been wearing an Apple Watch 😬 with a Milanese mesh loop for last few months and it’s very comfortable due to the ease with which it can be re-adjusted any time. Hoping the micro adjustment on this bracelet will do the same 🤞
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

JasperCat wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:42 pm ...Hoping the micro adjustment on this bracelet will do the same 🤞
It absolutely will! I adjusted the links in for a good fit with the micro adjuster in the center. I now just tighten or loosen up over the course of the day as necessary. It works perfectly for me. How you adjust will depend on where the fit falls on your wrist with the links. Some on the forum having commented on the need for a half link to get the perfect personalized fit.
Drew
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

It absolutely will! I adjusted the links in for a good fit with the micro adjuster in the center. I now just tighten or loosen up over the course of the day as necessary. It works perfectly for me. How you adjust will depend on where the fit falls on your wrist with the links. Some on the forum having commented on the need for a half link to get the perfect personalized fit.
Sounds good, that’s exactly what I was hoping it will allow... brilliant and simple idea... thanks 👍
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King