What did I do wrong?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 12

What did I do wrong?

Post by trsullivan »

Just finished ordering one of the new C65 HAQ watches, and other than the previously identified need to reset my password, I had no issues with the new site at all. I changed the password, completed the order, got an order confirmation number, and continued on. What did do I wrong?

Tom (smiling, pleased and happy)
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC
C3 FLE

SlayedDreamer
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Re: What did I do wrong?

Post by SlayedDreamer »

You weren't competing with a hundred other people for one of the sale watches during the feeding frenzy :)
The website seems to work fine during normal times. It's really a huge improvement from the previous one! :thumbup:
C1 Morgan Aero 8 | C65 Anthropocene | C65 AM GT LE | C7 Rapide Quartz Chrono | C3 Grand Tourer Racing Green

Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

trsullivan wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:40 am
Just finished ordering one of the new C65 HAQ watches, and other than the previously identified need to reset my password, I had no issues with the new site at all. I changed the password, completed the order, got an order confirmation number, and continued on. What did do I wrong?

It’s definitely a big improvement. Congratulations on the purchase

Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thegreyman »

trsullivan wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:40 am

I bought a watch yesterday and must admit the site was fine to use, I had to reset my password which was first time and easy.

There was one watch that showed as in stock but wouldn't add to my basket but probably due to many others trying to snag it at the same time.

Out of interest Tom, are you in the scooter camp of no emojis?!
Patrick

C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Ombre COSC LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way

scooter
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Shocked and feeling emotional.

PS Happy birthday Tom.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)

trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 12

Post by trsullivan »

Thanks, everyone. And thank you, Scooter.
The watch arrived last weekend, and I'm pleased with it, although the second hand is just a smidge off its alignment. No adjustment seems to help it, and I'm taking some time to decide if it should go back for adjustment in the repair shop. Why is it that otherwise excellent makers seem to be unable to get the second hand on a quartz chronograph to hit the indices square on? Everything else about it is great, and I'm very pleased with the readability, the lume, and the overall look of the dial and case. I got it on the black and red strap, and I may get the bracelet for it later. It is a good size for me, and sits comfortably without slipping off to one side. Definitely be wearing this more than the C7. :)
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC
C3 FLE

Leon O
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Leon O »

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of the C7 quartz where the second hand is perfectly aligned. I have similar challenges which my other quartz watches that have 3-hand Ronda movements (other brands). At least in my watches, the second hand does not always move the same distance for each tick. I sent my C7 back a couple times and exchanged it, always with the same result. Because I liked the dial and case so much, I kept it and continued my CW journey (5 more since January).

I hope the C65 HAQs stick around long enough for me to get one. I think it would be my ultimate quartz watch.

brash47
Junior
Junior

Post by brash47 »

Unless you are purchasing a grand seiko quartz or gshocks with aligning hands, it's just a quartz watch thing. There are literally thousands of threads on this.

I had a repair guy realign the hand once for **** and giggles and its pretty good. Not perfect. My Omega SMP Quartz, hits 3/4 of the time, sometimes not.

My 3 grand seikos are spot on. Some people complain, and maybe it is off sometimes. But keep in mind on an auto, it doesn't matter what "angle" you look at the watch. If you aren't looking directly perpendicular, at a perfect angle on a quartz, it's gonna look off.

As long as the movement sticks in the 10 seconds a year accuracy....thats why I bought the watch

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk