Item is stuck in my Basket!!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Item is stuck in my Basket!!

Post by redmonaco »

An out of stock item is in my basket. No matter how often I click remove it remains!!!

Prob is that it may stop me ordering something else as it comes up order cannot complete as an item is out of stock...

Help!!!
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: Item is stuck in my Basket!!

Post by StrappedUp »

redmonaco wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:31 pm An out of stock item is in my basket. No matter how often I click remove it remains!!!

Prob is that it may stop me ordering something else as it comes up order cannot complete as an item is out of stock...

Help!!!
Does clearing your cookies/site data help?
Ryan
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

Contact customer service?
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Log out of your CW account and delete your cookies - that should remove them. If left untouched, most shopping cart cookies will delete after 24hrs, 7, 14, 30 days etc.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Frustratingly I have the same problem, even having logged out, back in and cleared cookies, etc.
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

Mines sorted now thanks :0)

I noticed that the item that was in my basket (how it got there I don't know!!) was previously showing as Out Of Stock and I think that was the reason I couldnt remove it. When I went back in it was showing as In Stock and so I was able to remove it. All ready for the sale now!!!
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Nice! Yes, I think that the item needs to have a sales page associated with it. It looks like the sales team are removing pages as sales items get depleted. I think when you remove the item from your basket, it tries to 'return it' to stock but can't as the item page is now gone. It's tied to my account unfortunately so logging out the item disappears, but as soon as I log in again it's there. Deleted cookies and cache, and have also since tried a different browser on a different machine and using a different IP completely (physically different location) and it hasn't gone. I sent an email to the IT customer services on Friday so hopefully they'll look at it next week.