July Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: July Sale

Post by Mikkei4 »

In the hope that I might be able to fill my blue watch gap at a relatively small outlay I bought a C65 Trident Diver in blue on bracelet on the first day of the Sale. It had stayed there for more hours than I expected so I went ahead with the purchase in the early evening despite my long held “concerns” about the name location.

Superb work by CW, it arrived early yesterday morning even before I had looked at the tracking link.

Unfortunately I will be returning it but surprisingly (to me) not because of the 9 o’clock name. The shade of blue, matt dial and the vintage lume were just not “right” to enable me to keep this bargain of a watch, especially on the bracelet.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:53 am In the hope that I might be able to fill my blue watch gap at a relatively small outlay I bought a C65 Trident Diver in blue on bracelet on the first day of the Sale. It had stayed there for more hours than I expected so I went ahead with the purchase in the early evening despite my long held “concerns” about the name location.

Superb work by CW, it arrived early yesterday morning even before I had looked at the tracking link.

Unfortunately I will be returning it but surprisingly (to me) not because of the 9 o’clock name. The shade of blue, matt dial and the vintage lume were just not “right” to enable me to keep this bargain of a watch, especially on the bracelet.
That's a shame. I received the same watch yesterday and think they have the colours down quite well. Particularly the bezel which I assume is the same as the dartmouth. Horses for courses and all that. At sub £400 it does seem a real bargain to me. I actually think the black version of this looks slightly better but the blue fitted better with my other watches.
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
DaveScott

Post by DaveScott »

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my C65 Trident Diver in blue. I've not had any email confirmation of my order, but the money has gone from my account, so I'm hoping it will turn up!
C60 FLE 2012 Scooter Blue, C5 Malvern Mk1, C65 Trident Diver hand wound
Andy_f
Junior
Junior

Post by Andy_f »

DaveScott wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:03 am I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my C65 Trident Diver in blue. I've not had any email confirmation of my order, but the money has gone from my account, so I'm hoping it will turn up!
I purchased mine late on Friday and just had the despatched email now so hopefully yours isn’t far behind!
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

I had email confirmation of both orders (made late on Friday evening) and money has been taken, but not dispatch email yet, so hopefully sometime today!
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
DaveScott

Post by DaveScott »

I've just had the despatch email too!
C60 FLE 2012 Scooter Blue, C5 Malvern Mk1, C65 Trident Diver hand wound
Gripper
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Gripper »

JasperCat wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:56 am I had email confirmation of both orders (made late on Friday evening) and money has been taken, but not dispatch email yet, so hopefully sometime today!
My orders x2 placed on Thursday came on Sunday and my order placed Friday is due to come within the next hour, so well done CW :thumbup:
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Well that was short but sweet, better luck next year. Unless this happens more than once a year.

"Our half-price sale* is ending in a few hours -
on Tuesday 14th July at midnight GMT."
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

Foxman50 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:15 pm Well that was short but sweet, better luck next year. Unless this happens more than once a year.

"Our half-price sale* is ending in a few hours -
on Tuesday 14th July at midnight GMT."
Yes, I did expect there to be a few more bargains... :0(

Still, I did manage to nab this :0)

I really don't like the logo placement BUT n the bronze there is so much going on that detracts the eye I think it is acceptable and doesn't marr the watch for me
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Ooh that is nice. Think I prefer it new n shiny more so than when patina has set in. It is probably better for my bank balance I failed to secure anything. Well this time :D
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Gripper wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:40 pm
JasperCat wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:56 am I had email confirmation of both orders (made late on Friday evening) and money has been taken, but not dispatch email yet, so hopefully sometime today!
My orders x2 placed on Thursday came on Sunday and my order placed Friday is due to come within the next hour, so well done CW :thumbup:
Well that's odd, I had an email two hours ago confirming dispatch of the C5 Malvern that I ordered yesterday (Monday), but still nothing about dispatch for the C65 Trident Diver that I ordered last Friday... Presumably, once ordered and paid, then it meant that it was in stock!
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

Well I'm a proud and yet "envious" dad today as my son has just pulled the trigger on the C65 trident that was in the sale. I only called him to see if he liked it, and within 5 mins had paid for it.

Now me, my dad and my son have these watches

I hope he likes it when he opens the box!

If I had not been holding out for the C65 chrono coming out later this year I may well have bought it myself
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

I too couldn't resist the call of the C65 blue hand cranker! You guys said such positive things and I thought why not.....

Well I know I'm very fond of my Anthropocene so the case shape and size were already a given.

Lack of date is not an issue for me.

Do I wonder about a sandwich dial? Yes I do.

Do I wish for "modern" lume? Yes I do.

Am I sending it back under 60/60? No I'm not.

Is there a legitimate place in my collection for a "low key/low profile" watch BELOW the Omega Aqua Terra which Omega class as a "sports watch"? Well, yes actually, at the sale price it fits in very nicely; I've paid more for Seiko-driven kickstarter projects. The boy's okay, I don't see it coming off the bracelet but possibly a dark blue sanded ray might work.....

I know I've twice rejected the Big Blue C60 chronograph but I wish I'd been faster this time...
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Pacesetter
Junior
Junior

Post by Pacesetter »

JasperCat wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:52 pm
Gripper wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:40 pm
Well that's odd, I had an email two hours ago confirming dispatch of the C5 Malvern that I ordered yesterday (Monday), but still nothing about dispatch for the C65 Trident Diver that I ordered last Friday... Presumably, once ordered and paid, then it meant that it was in stock!
It did say on the sales page pre-order for 20th July so I wasn't expecting mine until next week, and I was quite pleasantly surprised when it arrived today. It would suggest they are coming through earlier than advertised so you may well be seeing yours soon.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

It did say on the sales page pre-order for 20th July so I wasn't expecting mine until next week, and I was quite pleasantly surprised when it arrived today. It would suggest they are coming through earlier than advertised so you may well be seeing yours soon.
That's fair enough, no massive rush, just wondered if I'd actually missed something, but the order and payment have gone through. Looking forward to both, but that one in particular... thanks :-)
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King