C65 Dartmouth QC Question

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
A1soknownas
Senior
Senior

Re: C65 Dartmouth QC Question

Post by A1soknownas »

Based upon the single picture the 12 marking is off - visibly closer to 02 than 58. To pedantically point out that the markers 1 and 59 don't exist or blindly that no error can be seen won't help you - I guess you were looking to see if others have a similar issue to their watch to appraise the benefit of progressing this. I understand that angles could change things but from the image shown it clearly can be seen.

As you have had the chance to look from various angles, you are best to judge whether some trick of the light is causing this. It appears that some others have other inconsistent aspects to their watches but only you can judge if you can now un-see the flaw or cope with it forever.

Return it as advised and take it from there. Don't feel bad about it and like you are making a fuss. This isn't how it should be as a customer and hopefully CW will prove that and rectify this to your satisfaction and uphold their reputation either way.

scooter
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

My eyesight must be worse than I thought.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

^^^^^^Same here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.

A1soknownas
Senior
Senior

Post by A1soknownas »

I do have contact lenses in. Maybe that helps. Maybe if you get really close to the screen you will be able to see it. It may only be 1mm or so but it is there.

Heboil

Post by Heboil »

That is pretty funny that I didn't even notice the LACK of a 1 and 59 marker. As I noted, the problem is small, but present. I do think the parallax effect has something to do with this, especially since the hour indices are raised. Slight shadows and shine (due to the chrome edging) are likely playing some tricks. That being said, the "2" marker is ever so slightly closer to the arrow than the 58. I never originally mentioned which one was closer in the original post as I was wanting to see if the forum members could spot it easily or if you struggled with seeing it. Viewing it on a computer makes it more noticeable than on a phone.

The same problem can be seen in other watches as well. The Omega Seamaster 300MC has many photos where the arrow looks "off" too. And after viewing countless other high/higher-end watches, I have noticed some QC problems slip through, even at the upper-tier. My original post on this forum stated I was concerned about the 12 o'clock arrow on the bezel being centered (as I noticed it was off in an online review I consumed). I even noted in my order notes to CW that I wanted a centered arrow.

All that said, I am still very happy with the watch. I like the case so much, that I am now looking at my other watch cases with envy.

Thanks.

richtel
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Absolutely. I can see it, you can see it, and it shouldn't be like that. As others have said, if it bothers you and CW are willing to listen, seek some kind of resolution with CW.
birdseye.jpg

Heboil

Post by Heboil »

Update! I sent it in and they couldn't fix it. They sent me a new one... and it doesn't have a problem .

Thanks for the encouragement! CW came through.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

brash47

Post by brash47 »

Ah damnit, even with a couple of glitches, which I bet CW would fix, I think I want one of these now....damnit, I shouldnt have clicked this thread either....its the OMEGA I always wanted at a reasonable price I can afford!!!

Heboil

Post by Heboil »

brash47 wrote:Ah damnit, even with a couple of glitches, which I bet CW would fix, I think I want one of these now....damnit, I shouldnt have clicked this thread either....its the OMEGA I always wanted at a reasonable price I can afford!!!
Here it is on a number of different strap options...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

A1soknownas
Senior
Senior

Post by A1soknownas »

Heboil wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:20 am
Update! I sent it in and they couldn't fix it. They sent me a new one... and it doesn't have a problem Image.

Thanks for the encouragement! CW came through.

Perfect, enjoy the watch :thumbup:
And, well done CW for sorting it out :thumbup:

hadon2525

Post by hadon2525 »

I think you did the right thing to complain - it would drive me bonkers, it's the only thing I would ever see.
And no, I don't think it's pedantic to worry/complain about it.
My main concern is that a quality watch manufacturer is letting sloppy mistakes like this to occur and then thinking nobody will pick them up on it.
I'm new to the forum but has there been many other instances of what is surely poor quality control?

hadon2525

Post by hadon2525 »

Mind you, I do love this watch, I'm extremely tempted by this watch. (In blue).

BJH
CW-watches: 16

Post by BJH »

I love the canvas nato on picture number 4. Can you tell me where you got it please?

monkeymax
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

That looks like a Haveston strap to me.

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

monkeymax wrote:That looks like a Haveston strap to me.
Agreed, or a variation on a theme, as that blue WW2 Naval Camouflage colourway is available elsewhere in a regular NATO configuration.

However, it is not canvass but nylon/polywotsit.

Photo 6 is a Khaki canvas; looks to be a CW Vintage / distressed one.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex| C60 Chrono P'type| C65 S'hurst| C65 GMT| C70 HRDC| C1000