C65 Dartmouth QC Question

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Heboil
CW-watches: 1

C65 Dartmouth QC Question

Post by Heboil »

Hi everyone.

Watch arrived. Love it more than I was expecting. Accuracy was really good, then it got really fast for a day or two and has been on the winder for a couple of days and is 0 SPD since going on the winder. I haven't let it run down yet. The case is almost as impressive as the color. The only gripe I have is that the 12 o'clock arrow doesn't seem to be spaced equally between the 59 and the 1 minute markers. I have really good eyes and also have an obsessive nature, but my wife first mentioned it and now I look for it often. I admit, it is only slightly off, but once seen, it is something I unfortunately look for. I sent a picture in to CW and they said they would bring it in to 'see what they can do'.

I am just looking to the folks on the forum to let me know your thoughts. Is this a replacement issue, or is this going to be CW stating it is within their tolerances and there is nothing to do. I wouldn't return and ask for a refund based on it, but if it could be "perfect", I wouldn't turn it down. I know I run the risk of getting other problems etc, so that is why I am asking for some brotherly advice.

TIA.
birdseye.jpg
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: C65 Dartmouth QC Question

Post by Thegreyman »

I personally would never have noticed it, and even if I did, I don't think it would bother me.

However it is your watch and if CW are offering to take a look at it then it seems like you should take them up on that.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Don't know whether the photo angle changes anything, but holding a ruler/drawing a line straight through the centre of the markers etc has it lined up fine.
Don't ever buy a Seiko dive watch whatever you do :lol:

As Patrick stated though, if you're not happy, may be best to see if something can be done.
I'm just not 100% positive that they'd see anything wrong with that based on your photo.
Ryan
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I must admit I struggle to see anything awry, but if they have offered to look at it I would take them up as Patrick suggests.

I have just realised something, after months of looking at the Dartmouth, which would bug the living daylights out of me...

...there ARE NO 1 minute and 59 minute markers! That triangle thing covers up where they should be. :shock:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Well I hadn’t noticed it on mine either... :)
EDFA6A34-D163-476F-9980-4AC60D2CBA43.jpeg
But it is rather evident. There is a clear difference between the spacing of 59 to triangle and triangle to 1 on the bezel insert. :shock:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Not sure if it is just me but a lot of the minute markers are off...gap between 9/10, 14/15, 19/20, 24/25 etc just the way the dial is :?
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

kiter65 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:02 am Not sure if it is just me but a lot of the minute markers are off...gap between 9/10, 14/15, 19/20, 24/25 etc just the way the dial is :?
On mine or the OPs Richard?

Neil
TZ-UK
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Scrap that...doesn’t look so bad on Neil’s pic :oops:
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

Not to complicate matters, but it appears from the photo that most of the lumed markers are not centered between the minute indexes.😬
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Flicking between the two pictures there certainly seems a difference between the markers on Neil’s watch and the OP’s :?
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

^^^ I believe what you've both pointed out is because the watch is tilted in the photo (bottom is closer to the camera than the top).

The raised indices are slightly obstructing the dial at the top of each one making the gap look larger underneath.
Ryan
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Its really hard for us to judge, based on the OP's (or anybody else's) photo, due to parallax error. We cannot be sure the photo is being taken 'straight on' in all planes.

Bottom line; if CW have said they will look at it, let them do so and work from there.

Good luck.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

^^^ Agreed Guy. As far as I can see the only point not in doubt is that the error on mine is far more obvious than on the OPs! :lol:

Kind of wished I hadn’t clicked on the thread. :)

Where small tolerances are involved it is the person with the watch in their hand who is the best judge.

Neil
TZ-UK
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by oberonfoto »

Nothing wrong with mine same separation between 58 and 02.
BCFAAFB4-ACC5-44EF-9939-3D3E48C7F634.jpeg
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

nbg wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:35 am ^^^ Agreed Guy. As far as I can see the only point not in doubt is that the error on mine is far more obvious than on the OPs! :lol:

Kind of wished I hadn’t clicked on the thread. :)

Where small tolerances are involved it is the person with the watch in their hand who is the best judge.

Neil
That's what I took from it Neil. Your bezel was the only thing that looked a bit off to me. If you were that bothered, CW would maybe fit a new bezel to it for you, can't be that big a job. Perhaps not worth bothering about, first world problems and all that...
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way