C60 Trident Pro 600 stiff winding

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Donroger

C60 Trident Pro 600 stiff winding

Post by Donroger »

Hi!

I received my first CW almost one week ago, tried it on my wrist and tested it out, its a really nice watch!
But didn't really had the time to wear the watch etc. past few days, sadly. But today I took it out of the box, tried it on all good and cool, but when I tried to wind, it went quite stiff this time. I can't really remember if this already happend when I took it out of the box.

When I compare it to my Seiko Samurai's and Cocktail Time, the C60 is much stiffer when I wind it. And when I put my ear close to the watch, I can hear the rotor spinning a bit when winding.

Is this all normal?

sorry for my bad English btw. :oops:
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 stiff winding

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Hi
My new C60 has some resistance when winding but feels normal to me. I too can hear it but the winding is very smooth, and I have no issue with time keeping or charge. Unfortunately I don't have the watches you have to compare against. I guess a good way to test whether it's winding is whether the charge last the 38 hours?

Good English, by the way!
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

Compared to your Seikos, you'll feel much more resistance so it may be normal. However, if the rotor is spinning then that's not normal. A spinning rotor is actually a fairly common issue that would require repair but you may just be feeling a little rotor movement rather than spinning from what you described. I have not experienced the spinning rotor issue in any of my Sellita/ETA'S I own so not sure exactly what the symptoms would feel like but I'm sure someone on here could help in evaluating if the rotor is actually spinnig while winding.
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
Donroger

Post by Donroger »

Markornot wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:05 am Compared to your Seikos, you'll feel much more resistance so it may be normal. However, if the rotor is spinning then that's not normal. A spinning rotor is actually a fairly common issue that would require repair but you may just be feeling a little rotor movement rather than spinning from what you described. I have not experienced the spinning rotor issue in any of my Sellita/ETA'S I own so not sure exactly what the symptoms would feel like but I'm sure someone on here could help in evaluating if the rotor is actually spinnig while winding.
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:07 pm Hi
My new C60 has some resistance when winding but feels normal to me. I too can hear it but the winding is very smooth, and I have no issue with time keeping or charge. Unfortunately I don't have the watches you have to compare against. I guess a good way to test whether it's winding is whether the charge last the 38 hours?

Good English, by the way!
Sorry for the late reply buddies!

Well, I did some more research and I found out it may be caused due to a dry or gummed up reversing wheel. That's fast after a few times winding. But I wonder if I still can use and wear the watch without hand winding, or do I really need to send it back for repair? For me it isn't that much of a problem if I leave the hand winding option.