New CW website now live

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Hedgehogger

Re: New CW website now live

Post by Hedgehogger »

When you go to an order page it does not show you tracking information anymore (didn't it used to give you the tracking number?)

timor54
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by timor54 »

monkeymax wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:30 pm
Yes, the password reset function hasn't worked for me all morning so I can't actually get into my account at the moment. I've done the forgot password thing a few times and no joy.
Ateca wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm
I've had six 'reset your password' links and haven't been able to get in. Similarly providing order number, e-mail and postcode, to check order status doesn't work either. Pretty poor.
I’ve just managed to change my password. I used a totally new 10 character password which contained an uppercase alpha character, a numeral and a special character (@#£&* etc.). I haven’t seen any ‘guidance’ about required password characters either on the website or in the password reset emails, but this has worked for me.

I can now login and out repeatedly with this new password. Nevertheless, if I go to my profile and try to change my password it fails saying that my current password in not recognised, despite being logged in with it ](*,)

Their password handling is pants! If you manage to change it and login, don’t forget it!
Tim

Laird
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 22

Post by Laird »

Did I miss the Announcement that it was going Live today - mind you could have guessed the sort of Issues likely - Password reset just doesnt work.

My opinion - esp after this weeks FUBAR / debacle of a delayed Order - hasnt changed !
|C70s-most|C7 BlueBird|C7 IRR COSC|C7 BRG|C7 Mk2 COSC|C7 COSC Valjoux|C3 Blue GT |C4 Phoenix|C5 BoB|C8 Pilots|C60 316L Yellow & Blue|C8 UTC|C60 GMT|C60 Valjoux|C65 Classic & Pepsi|C50 D/D COSC|C1 WT|C9 Pulser & AMGT|C11 Makaira 500 Orange|

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Laird wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:33 pm
Did I miss the Announcement that it was going Live today - mind you could have guessed the sort of Issues lilely - Password |reset just doesnt work.

My opinion - esp after this weeks FUBAR / debacle of a delayed Order - hasnt changed !
No you didn't miss an 'Announcement'; apart from Kip starting this Topic/Thread.

Guy
C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex| C60 Chrono P'type| C65 S'hurst| C65 GMT| C70 HRDC| C1000

monkeymax
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

timor54 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:05 pm
monkeymax wrote:
Yes, the password reset function hasn't worked for me all morning so I can't actually get into my account at the moment. I've done the forgot password thing a few times and no joy.
Ateca wrote:
I've had six 'reset your password' links and haven't been able to get in. Similarly providing order number, e-mail and postcode, to check order status doesn't work either. Pretty poor.
I’ve just managed to change my password. I used a totally new 10 character password which contained an uppercase alpha character, a numeral and a special character (@#£&* etc.). I haven’t seen any ‘guidance’ about required password characters either on the website or in the password reset emails, but this has worked for me.

I can now login and out repeatedly with this new password. Nevertheless, if I go to my profile and try to change my password it fails saying that my current password in not recognised, despite being logged in with it ](*,)

Their password handling is pants! If you manage to change it and login, don’t forget it!
Thanks but the problem was I couldn't even get to the point where I could set a password.

I just tried again and made it further, and also tried without a symbol first and it didn't like that. I then added some symbols and it was 'happy' with that password but then when I push save, it gives the 5 line Ajax error seen in an earlier post.
I'm all for new features - I'm an engineer after all (!) - but I'm surprised more testing wasn't done with this system before it going live. Not really sure end-users should be testers (and really if they wanted lots of testers I'd have been happy to volunteer as I'm sure others here would've been). It all looks quite pretty though.

richtel
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Wow, tough crowd! I think we can all agree that teething troubles and format changes aside, the site is serveral orders of magnitude faster than the old one. Latency and throughput are stunning in comparison. Well done CW!

Now, time to fix those logon accounts or else you're not going to have any customers, right? :lol:

audio.bill
Senior
Senior

Post by audio.bill »

When viewing a list of watches or a specific model's product page there is no indication of stock or pre-order status like there used to be. Only once you place an item in your cart do you then see if an item is unavailable with an expected availability date displayed. I think that info should be displayed whenever an item is shown in a list and on its product page without having to place it in your cart.

nordwulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nordwulf »

timor54 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:11 pm
One of the promised changes I believe was for a complete overhaul of the strap section. Well nothing much has changed. Still the same descriptions and a couple of basic pictures. Fundamental information like taper etc is still missing. However, there are lots of filters for straps including mechanism: I’m ok with quick release and pin, but could someone explain what B1, B2, L1, L2, etc. mechanisms are and why I should care?
There are real pictures, technical details and detailed info about the straps when you scroll down. Pictures change when you select a different color strap.

Information, pictures and technical details by CW are the best in the watch business. :thumbup: All watch brands could learn a thing or two from CW.

Example: https://www.christopherward.com/straps/ ... DC-ST.html#

CW Aficionados group on Facebook

Donroger

Post by Donroger »

Am I the only one with track and trace problems? I received a mail with the track and trace link, but the link doesn't work?

timor54
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by timor54 »

nordwulf wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:22 pm
timor54 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:11 pm
One of the promised changes I believe was for a complete overhaul of the strap section. Well nothing much has changed. Still the same descriptions and a couple of basic pictures. Fundamental information like taper etc is still missing. However, there are lots of filters for straps including mechanism: I’m ok with quick release and pin, but could someone explain what B1, B2, L1, L2, etc. mechanisms are and why I should care?
There are real pictures, technical details and detailed info about the straps when you scroll down. Pictures change when you select a different color strap.

Information, pictures and technical details by CW are the best in the watch business. :thumbup: All watch brands could learn a thing or two from CW.

Example: https://www.christopherward.com/straps/ ... DC-ST.html#

Irony verging on sarcasm :lol:
Tim

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Donroger wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:32 pm
Am I the only one with track and trace problems? I received a mail with the track and trace link, but the link doesn't work?
Potentially, CW will issue their Dispatched email at some time during the day with the Track & Trace link, but the link will only become live when the item is collected from CW by DPD (UK deliveries) or DHL (International deliveries), usually towards the end of the day.

If you've received an email this afternoon, give it a while yet into this evening, to see if the link is working.

Hope this helps.

Guy
C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex| C60 Chrono P'type| C65 S'hurst| C65 GMT| C70 HRDC| C1000

timor54
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by timor54 »

monkeymax wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 pm
timor54 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:05 pm
monkeymax wrote:
Ateca wrote:

Thanks but the problem was I couldn't even get to the point where I could set a password.

I just tried again and made it further, and also tried without a symbol first and it didn't like that. I then added some symbols and it was 'happy' with that password but then when I push save, it gives the 5 line Ajax error seen in an earlier post.
I'm all for new features - I'm an engineer after all (!) - but I'm surprised more testing wasn't done with this system before it going live. Not really sure end-users should be testers (and really if they wanted lots of testers I'd have been happy to volunteer as I'm sure others here would've been). It all looks quite pretty though.
I should have aded that I'd first cleared my cache and cookies. This is a completely new ecommerce system and probably uses a new or modified set of cookies for tracking you. It's also a new domain (.com rather than .co.uk) but nevertheless it worth cleaning out you machines memory.

FYI, Having done what I described it now works in Safari on an iPad and a Mac; also Chrome on the same devices. I store the new password in my Apple keychain and also in LastPass so I've got seamless access across any device without password prompting.
Tim

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Looks like they've ditched Magento and moved to Salesforce.com
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Bulova, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Hamilton, Oris, Rado, Raymond Weil, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex, Tudor & Victorinox.

Chris

timor54
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by timor54 »

what-time-is-it wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:25 pm
Looks like they've ditched Magento and moved to Salesforce.com
Assumed it is Salesforce as they own Demandware and a cursory glance showed a number of Demandware libraries being used.
Tim

manicm

New website

Post by manicm »

A bit of a mess?