CW web site down

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

CW web site down

Post by jimbo »

I hope it's because they are putting the new c60 chrono on it....my boss (wife) says I can have one, and I want a particular serial no. :)
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: CW web site down

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

I hope for your sake it's true but the Chrono seems earmarked for later on this year. Hopefully they've taken it down to try and fix the page response times (especially when trying to sign in to accounts). Very painful experience trying to buy something from them
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

AS long as it's out before Halloween (my birthday) :)
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

Seems to be back up for me anyhow.

A few nearly new have been added too.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I feel you, and your wife, are going to need to continue to be patient in your wait for the new C60 Chrono, @jimbo.

Meanwhile, CW's website has been painfully slow over the last 24 hours, much to the frustration of those trying to get hold of the newly listed 'Nearly New' watches.

Nevertheless, response seems to be pretty good at the moment.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Website is working fast and smooth for me (21:10 UK time).

However, I also notice that a few more watches have been listed in the “Nearly New” section. I hate to think how many I missed while it was down!

My bank manger is delighted it went down.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Bahnstormer_vRS

Jcalder68 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:12 pm .
My bank manger is delighted it went down.

C
I bet she is. :wink: :lol:

:escape:

Guy

Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:15 pm I hope for your sake it's true but the Chrono seems earmarked for later on this year. Hopefully they've taken it down to try and fix the page response times (especially when trying to sign in to accounts). Very painful experience trying to buy something from them
I timed the response recently. From putting something in my basket to completing the purchase took 38 minutes!
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Molan wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:11 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:15 pm I hope for your sake it's true but the Chrono seems earmarked for later on this year. Hopefully they've taken it down to try and fix the page response times (especially when trying to sign in to accounts). Very painful experience trying to buy something from them
I timed the response recently. From putting something in my basket to completing the purchase took 38 minutes!
That’s terrible! Especially for an internet only company........
CW_2020
CW-watches: 1

Post by CW_2020 »

For a Brand that pioneered internet only sales in their segment their website leaves much to be desired. I typically appreciate minimalist User Interface but for all that is good and holy...show some wrist shots. Mind you, their marketing team does an exceptional job of getting the watches reviewed across the social media spectrum. Though they are welcome to up their game by sending me a free C60 Trident Pro 600 to review. Better yet, hire me as their permanent wrist model haha.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

CW_2020 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:04 pm For a Brand that pioneered internet only sales in their segment their website leaves much to be desired. I typically appreciate minimalist User Interface but for all that is good and holy...show some wrist shots.
I've just viewed 4 random CW watches of various styles and each showed the watch in a wrist shot. Are there any watches in particular that you found not showing a wrist shot?

They don't always show a lume shot though.
CW_2020

Post by CW_2020 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:59 pm
CW_2020 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:04 pm For a Brand that pioneered internet only sales in their segment their website leaves much to be desired. I typically appreciate minimalist User Interface but for all that is good and holy...show some wrist shots.
I've just viewed 4 random CW watches of various styles and each showed the watch in a wrist shot. Are there any watches in particular that you found not showing a wrist shot?

They don't always show a lume shot though.
So for the past week i had been looking at the Chrsitopherward.eu and christopherward.co.uk domains. In fact, had the links saved as favorites in my browser (chrome). In particular I had been checking: https://www.christopherward.eu/events/c ... early-new3

Now, they all resolve to christopherward.com domain which clearly has a more streamlined (and very different than I recall) site layout. As you stated the .com variant does indeed have wrist-shots. So it seems I stand corrected..partially. Though my offer to be a wrist model or review free watches is still in play. :wink:
Bahnstormer_vRS

CW_2020 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:22 pm Now, they all resolve to christopherward.com domain which clearly has a more streamlined (and very different than I recall) site layout. As you stated the .com variant does indeed have wrist-shots. So it seems I stand corrected..partially. Though my offer to be a wrist model or review free watches is still in play. :wink:
This is the new CW website, launched on Thursday last week and advertised to their mailing list and on Social Media on Friday. :thumbup:

Guy

CW_2020

Post by CW_2020 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:25 pm
CW_2020 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:22 pm Now, they all resolve to christopherward.com domain which clearly has a more streamlined (and very different than I recall) site layout. As you stated the .com variant does indeed have wrist-shots. So it seems I stand corrected..partially. Though my offer to be a wrist model or review free watches is still in play. :wink:
This is the new CW website, launched on Thursday last week and advertised to their mailing list and on Social Media on Friday. :thumbup:

Guy
Nice!...and its looking good. They have my approval for all thats worth, haha.

Clearly I need to make sure to get added to their mailing list. I'm not much for the traditional social media sites, so missed the redesign announcement. For my watch enthusiast needs I mostly poke around: Youtube, Reddit, WUS, Watchcharts, Mywatchmart, Watchreports and Chrono24. Though I am here now and have you kind folks to help keep me in the loop.