Sellita movement break in period?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Henryj
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Sellita movement break in period?

Post by Henryj »

Has anyone experienced a “ break in” period with a Sellita movement, like the SW330-1? I’m asking because my C60 GMt was great out of the gate, about +2 spd for the first three days, now it’s shifted to about -4 spd for the last week. I’ve had watches that have taken up to a month to truly settle in to a steady rate. I’m curious what your experience has been with Sellita movements.
The gods may note every sparrow that falls, but they make no effort to catch them.
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Re: Sellita movement break in period?

Post by Commisar »

Henryj wrote:Has anyone experienced a “ break in” period with a Sellita movement, like the SW330-1? I’m asking because my C60 GMt was great out of the gate, about +2 spd for the first three days, now it’s shifted to about -4 spd for the last week. I’ve had watches that have taken up to a month to truly settle in to a steady rate. I’m curious what your experience has been with Sellita movements.
It takes about a week of constant wear. Plus, the level of power in the mainspring can be a factor. Furthermore, sometimes after having the movement power down in my Hamilton Khaki Field, it'll go from gaining time to a slightly loss. This will go away after another depletion and recharge cycle.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

+2 to -4 SPD is within COSC accuracy. I'd say you've done well, even if it drifts a little further as it settles in.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Aussie
CW-watches: 2

Post by Aussie »

Mine is only two weeks old, and varying a little, but when I say little, I mean -1 spd for the first week, to +1spd when I didn't wear it much over a weekend, now back to -1spd. Needless to say I'm very happy with that from the Elite 1000. Hope it settles at the average ..... 0 spd :thumbup:
Watches:
C8
C60 Trident Pro 600
C60 Elite 1000
Pianomanmark

Post by Pianomanmark »

My Trident mk3 was running at +10spd when it came but has settled into a much more acceptable -2spd now, the SW 200 does need a bit of constant use at first to get up to scratch
Trident Pro 600 Blue mk3, Tudor Heritage Ranger, Rado Captain Cook, Casios, Vostoks and a very nice Mickey Mouse quartz
Mark