SH21 in C60 Apex

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
KornSaksakorn

SH21 in C60 Apex

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Dear members,

Allow me to share my findings. Kindly note this is SH21 auto, housed in C60 Apex.

I manually wound until the second hand started to walk. Power reserve (PR) indicated 1.75 days.

When PR is from 1.4 days and lower, lose significant timing.

What are your experiences? Kindly share with me in this forum please.

Thanks in advance,
Korn
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 14.07.55.png
Korn Saksakorn S.

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Re: SH21 in C60 Apex

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

My C60 Apex sits on a winder when I'm not wearing it. Fully wound.

When I wear it, I might do a time check to see how 'correct' it is and adjust as necessary.

That's it.

If I recall, there is an article / blog post on CW's about the SH21 and its accuracy under different power reserve level.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex| C60 Chrono P'type| C65 S'hurst| C65 GMT| C70 HRDC| C1000

KornSaksakorn

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:42 am
My C60 Apex sits on a winder when I'm not wearing it. Fully wound.

When I wear it, I might do a time check to see how 'correct' it is and adjust as necessary.

That's it.

If I recall, there is an article / blog post on CW's about the SH21 and its accuracy under different power reserve level.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Many thanks Guy. Hope you are doing well there.
Korn Saksakorn S.

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I don't get all that obsessive about accuracy anymore, but did an informal check of my C60 Trident COSC 600 over several months. I think it proved itself quite admirably.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.

Bungle-ator
Expert
Expert

Post by Bungle-ator »

Mine is a manual wind housed in a C65 bronze.

I'd agree that it loses/gains more time after day 3. Usually until then it's gaining somewhere between zero and 1.5 seconds per day but I've stopped paying that much attention.

It's inconsistent though which winds me up. It's never ever lost time before, only gained. It had a rhythm last month that lasted around 2 weeks where it lost around 4 seconds until day 4 when it sped up again. By the morning it was back to zero and a full wind was starting the sequence again. I rather liked that as I knew where it was and how to control it. However, it's back to where it was with a small gain every day and no way to help it run slow to iron it out. Even with winding it every 3 days or so it'll start to run riot after a couple of weeks and move onto 5/6 second gains per day until I reset the time.

KornSaksakorn

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Bungle-ator wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:31 pm
Mine is a manual wind housed in a C65 bronze.

I'd agree that it loses/gains more time after day 3. Usually until then it's gaining somewhere between zero and 1.5 seconds per day but I've stopped paying that much attention.

It's inconsistent though which winds me up. It's never ever lost time before, only gained. It had a rhythm last month that lasted around 2 weeks where it lost around 4 seconds until day 4 when it sped up again. By the morning it was back to zero and a full wind was starting the sequence again. I rather liked that as I knew where it was and how to control it. However, it's back to where it was with a small gain every day and no way to help it run slow to iron it out. Even with winding it every 3 days or so it'll start to run riot after a couple of weeks and move onto 5/6 second gains per day until I reset the time.
Thanks very much for sharing yours.

Please take care.
Korn Saksakorn S.

tikkathree
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by tikkathree »

I'm afraid I'm another of those "don't particularly care as long as the hands point in broadly the right direction" guys.

I know that a relatively relaxed locked-down lifestyle doesn't put maximum charge into any watch so a spell of 3 days on the winder is my usual test for checking that side of things.
C60 MKI COSC black, C60 MK blackI GMT
C60 Trident 300 white,
C60 MKII Day Date LE white, C60 Trident Pro 600 COSC LE SH21, C60 Trident Pro 600 ACAN,
C60 MKIII Ombre COSC
C6 Kingfisher black,
C60 Kingfisher,
C600 Tritech x 3,
C65 Anthropocene.