To Wind Watch or Watch Winder

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Re: To Wind Watch or Watch Winder

Post by Foxman50 »

Apologies for resurrecting this post, however today i believe i found a valid reason for a watch winder.

So this morning i put on my watch, which was dead, and the time was 11:20. Now the rules state that you should not adjust the time/date when the watch is between 20:00 and 02:00 due to the clutch being engaged. therefore if my watch is at 11:20 i do not know if this is 11:20 or 23:20, in which case i have to wait until it gets to 02:00 or 14:00 before adjusting.

This seems extremely inconvenient, and how would i know which cycle of the 12hr i am on. Am i missing something.

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

You establish this when you set the watch.

1. Set time to 6 o'clock - am or pm is irrelevant. Choose 6 because it's in a completely safe zone.

2. Set the date to YESTERDAY!

3. Advance the hour hand through 12. If the date clicks over you are now on 0000-1200, if it doesn't you need to go round again.

4. Once it clicks over adjust to the correct time, which means if it's afternoon you need to go through midday again.

Hope that's clear.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Avo, sorry just reread the manual for the 10th time, after seeing your post, and it says date not time. i read this as time, i did think that a little strange. Thanks for clearing that up, Now only decision to make today is do i go for the 42mm Trident pro 600 or the Elite 1000 and take advantage of today's 15% off.

PLEASE NOTE:
Date correction should not be carried out between 20.00 hr and 02.00 hr as the watch gearing will already be aligning itself to change the date.

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

No problem - happy to help. :thumbup:
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238