CW Repair Shop up & running now - it seems ?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

CW Repair Shop up & running now - it seems ?

Post by Laird »

Pleased to have now received 2 of my 5 Watches I left for repair in mid February .... good that the Team are working and very grateful that the duration was not unacceptable in the circumstances ....

BUT (isnt there always a 'But' ..... )

The Service lacks some professional Admin IMHO ..... Packaging inadequate - no outer box used, just bubble-wrap on original, so corners get dinged ..... paperwork is a joke, just a printout of the Pseudo Order Record they use for Repairs - with no indication of what was actually done or when the work was carried out or even the eventual dispatch date (other than a DPD email).

So all you see is your original Repair request in the form of a Pseudo Order - and not even your own description of the Fault ....

Included was a pre-printed 'Instruction Card' thingy which implies that the Watch was found to be in good working Order .... does that mean pre or post Repair action - LOL

WP_20200605_12_26_37_Pro.jpg

Just an observation at the end of the day, probably pointless complaining - given they are working hard and perhaps short-staffed - but perhaps they will spot this & accept in the Spirit its offered ?
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: CW Repair Shop up & running now - it seems ?

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Hmmmm - I agree with you. I'm also struggling to get past the fact that 2 watches deposited with them for repair in December have made it back to you ahead of the one i sent in December......
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

KCM, I think basically they dont have a decent system for Tracking repairs - the website 'Account' is s t i l l after 3 years for me not providing correct status on Orders. Purchases never get updated & the 2 returned repairs still show 'Pending' ....

Seems fundamental to me to be able to 'measure' things - they certainly cant with the Public systems, perhaps internal stuff is OK (probably an XL Spreadsheet !)
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:11 pm Hmmmm - I agree with you. I'm also struggling to get past the fact that 2 watches deposited with them for repair in December February ! have made it back to you ahead of the one i sent in December......
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because workstack management and tracking has to be an absolute minimum requirement. I have no idea though how more recently submitted work is being despatched quicker. I don't think my repair is particularly complex either - fairly routine I would have thought. As for the internal systems talking to my account, that's a different matter. I also have a number of completed items 'in progress' status too. Again pretty basic stuff for the account status to be updated by the internal systems.

I'm getting a bit impatient about the delay, to be honest. I fully understand why there is a delay, but we're getting to 6 months now.....
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Yeah, entry receipt date & duration dont seem to figure - cant be a factor of distance as the post to Kansa City aint much longer than to where I am in Surrey ....... :D
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Your post did fire me up to call them and apparently all December watches have now been repaired and are in QC. All being well it should be with me in the next couple of weeks. They tell me that all the service team has increased throughput recently and watches are worked on in date order - i didn't challenge it!
Then the watch is in for the long journey from Maidenhead to the Kansas City corner of Surrey!
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Good News indeed - tho I had a C70 in and out of QC 3 times early last year - added almost a month to the wait.

I'd heard that the Servicing Operation needs a Dust-Free environment so they had no option of working from Home & to satisfy the anti-social distancing, only one guy could do the work - sounds like thats changed ?

Must have heard about your outstanding Repairs back in 1952 ?

I'm going to Kansas City
Kansas City here I come
I'm going to Kansas City
Kansas City here I come
They got some crazy little women there
And I'm gonna get me one

I'll be standing on the corner
On the corner of Twelfth Street and Vine
I'm gonna be standing on the corner
On the corner of Twelfth Street and Vine
With my Kansas City baby
And a bottle of Kansas City wine
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Ha. I had to google that little ditty. Almost correct other than '...corner of Twelfth' should read 'A24' and 'Kansas City Wine' should read 'Denbys'!
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Sorry to hear of your delays. I must say that it is very different from the recent service I got on a repair. Do CW have a US based repair shop, or do you send watches back to the U.K. for repair/service?

I sent my CW Malvern back the Maidenhead in early February. At the time I was quoted 8-10 weeks for its return. Then CV19 hit and threw this all out. In the end it was returned in the first week of May, roughly 11weeks after I sent it off. Throughout the process I got email notifications of its receipt, progress and return and both the watch and it’s packaging arrived back in my possession in perfect condition. Thankfully I only had to post within the U.K. so no delays with overseas shipping etc.

Hope your one gets returned soon.
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Thanks JC68, despite my username I am UK and only a short hop around the M25 from Maidenhead. Bizarre that a number of repairs That seem to have been processed faster than mine. Oh well, hopefully the wait is nearly over......
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

It gets worse - it took over 24 hours to respond to me about my f/back - and the return of the missing outer box ....

The response was that the CS person was 'working from home' & had no access to the paperwork

Now - given I addressed my email to the generic Customer Service Id - what does that mean ? Obviously theres more than one person working - surely they cant all be 'WFH' ?
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Unfortunately it seems they're still not accepting watches to go in for service/repair. Understandable but a little frustrating!
johnandjemma

Post by johnandjemma »

Does anyone know if the repair shop only accepts CW?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

johnandjemma wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:48 pm Does anyone know if the repair shop only accepts CW?
Correct. The CW 'Repair Shop' only accepts their own, CW, watches for service and repair.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
johnandjemma

Post by johnandjemma »

Thanks Guy, I have a couple of CW watches, and a couple by other makes, but you want someone you can trust to service them. Appreciate the reply. John