C8 Power Reserve in Steel

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Hedgehogger

C8 Power Reserve in Steel

Post by Hedgehogger »

I'm debating adding a CW to my collection, and the one that has sparked my interest is the C8 Power Reserve in Steel. At $1875 its a significant purchase to me without being able to try one on in person. I like the looks and the fact that it has the CW in house movement. Any one dealt with one of these in person? Any thoughts? Also, what are the odds that the CW newsletter I signed up for will send me a discount code?

Thanks

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C8 Power Reserve in Steel

Post by H0rati0 »

I have had one for two years. Simply, put CWE at its best. If I had to choose just one CW, this would be it. In the last month mine has gained 6 seconds while running continuously, though not necessarily worn, just wound more or less daily. The dial is a work of art, only appreciated in the flesh and the SH21 movement is outstanding, stands toe to toe with anything in the mainstream industry.
IMG_0742.jpg
IMG_0748.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
IMG_0781.jpg
If you can do it, go for it because when you get it in your hands, you'll be totally convinced.

The correct discount code for your location will be on here somewhere, just run a search.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

neilj568
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by neilj568 »

Hedgehogger wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:28 am
I'm debating adding a CW to my collection, and the one that has sparked my interest is the C8 Power Reserve in Steel. At $1875 its a significant purchase to me without being able to try one on in person. I like the looks and the fact that it has the CW in house movement. Any one dealt with one of these in person? Any thoughts? Also, what are the odds that the CW newsletter I signed up for will send me a discount code?

Thanks
A shame you are not in the UK (or EU at a push) as I have one for sale at a great price... :D

Hedgehogger

Post by Hedgehogger »

H0rati0 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 am
I have had one for two years. Simply, put CWE at its best. If I had to choose just one CW, this would be it. In the last month mine has gained 6 seconds while running continuously, though not necessarily worn, just wound more or less daily. The dial is a work of art, only appreciated in the flesh and the SH21 movement is outstanding, stands toe to toe with anything in the mainstream industry.
IMG_0742.jpg
IMG_0748.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
IMG_0781.jpg

If you can do it, go for it because when you get it in your hands, you'll be totally convinced.

The correct discount code for your location will be on here somewhere, just run a search.
Thanks H0rati0, that's an extremely helpful reply. Those photos really make me want it even more. What a great watch!

Hedgehogger

Post by Hedgehogger »

neilj568 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:56 am
A shame you are not in the UK (or EU at a push) as I have one for sale at a great price... :D
I sent you a PM, thanks

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Hedgehogger wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:07 am
H0rati0 wrote:
IMG_0742.jpg
IMG_0748.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
IMG_0781.jpg

Thanks H0rati0, that's an extremely helpful reply. Those photos really make me want it even more. What a great watch!
I did think they might help :wink:

But seriously, the dial is difficult to appreciate from photos alone, so if you look carefully you'll see that the quarter hours are applied while the rest are recessed at the same level as the sub-dials plus the date window is also multi level and lumed (though the lume is too thin to last long, shame).
_ND14419.jpg
Having looked long, I know of no other aviation watch with sub-dial seconds, PR and altimeter date so when I stumbled on this it was my introduction to CW. No regrets!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

neilj568 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:56 am
Hedgehogger wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:28 am

Thanks
DHL Express can take care of that :thumbup:

neilj568
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by neilj568 »

Hedgehogger wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:07 am
H0rati0 wrote:
IMG_0742.jpg
IMG_0748.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
IMG_0781.jpg

It is certainly the best watch in the current lineup by a country mile

Hedgehogger

Post by Hedgehogger »

H0rati0 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:24 am
I did think they might help :wink:

But seriously, the dial is difficult to appreciate from photos alone, so if you look carefully you'll see that the quarter hours are applied while the rest are recessed at the same level as the sub-dials plus the date window is also multi level and lumed (though the lume is too thin to last long, shame).

_ND14419.jpg

Having looked long, I know of no other aviation watch with sub-dial seconds, PR and altimeter date so when I stumbled on this it was my introduction to CW. No regrets!
You are right that detail really is spectacular!

FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by FloridaPhil »

I had one briefly and loved everything about it other than the long lug to lug length. The watch felt uncomfortable with a sizeable overhang on my 7"+ wrist so I returned it, with much regret. It's a gorgeous watch - if your wrist can handle it and/or you don't mind a bit of overhang.
WatchChat on Facebook - The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.