C60 Trident Pro 600 - Accuracy

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

C60 Trident Pro 600 - Accuracy

Post by Foxman50 »

Firstly hello all, new to Christopher Ward and the forum.

Ive been looking for a new watch for a while, Divers style, and keep coming back to the CW brand as it seems to have quite a loyal following and good reviews.

I have a Seiko titanium at present which has proved a highly unreliable time keeper, 6R15 movement.

So i have a question regards the accuracy of the C60 Trident Pro 600, while i see the stated is +/-20 secs/day what are people actually receiving. I would be a little disappointed if i received one at this rate tbh. I could consider the Elite but i actually prefer the look of the 600, and the Elite is outside the budget unfortunately.

Thanks all in advance.

Graeme
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 - Accuracy

Post by Jcalder68 »

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

The +/-20sec is the deviation that the movement manufacturer states, and probably a “worst case” scenario. If your timekeeping falls outside this range then you have the right to return the watch for a free regulation under CW’s 60/60 warranty.

As far as I know, CW do not regulate any of their standard movements before they go into their watches. So, sometimes you might get a good movement, sometimes you might get a less impressive one.

However, my own, personal experience has always been positive with CW movements. The least accurate I have ever had has been around -10sec a day, most run at about +5sec a day. This is from a set of just four samples, so by no means conclusive!

One point to mention is that CW do offer a regulation service if you need timing “tweaked” a bit. When I first bought my C65 GMT it settled into an accuracy of about +3sec a day after I had owned and worn it for a few weeks. All of a sudden, after about six months it started losing about 15sec a day. I contacted CW and was told that this could be checked and made better at a cost of £20 (free postage both ways though) so I went for it. Thankfully all this was before CV19 issues closed their workshops, but now the watch is back with me I am happy to report it is still ticking away at about +5sec.

Other options to consider would be any of their COSC models, or a quartz if you want real accuracy.

Hope this helps,

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Many thanks for the fast response, certainly good to know this service is avaiable directly.

My Seiko loses approx 1m15s per day, i had returned it during its warranty however it soon returned to 1m losses. I think the crown has now lost some threads as i only get a couple of turns to screw in as a result of setting it every morning.

I would be more than happy with 5 - 10s/day if this is constant, would only require setting once a week.
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by oberonfoto »

All my Tridents are between +12 and -2secs a day
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Foxman50 wrote:Firstly hello all, new to Christopher Ward and the forum.

Ive been looking for a new watch for a while, Divers style, and keep coming back to the CW brand as it seems to have quite a loyal following and good reviews.

I have a Seiko titanium at present which has proved a highly unreliable time keeper, 6R15 movement.

So i have a question regards the accuracy of the C60 Trident Pro 600, while i see the stated is +/-20 secs/day what are people actually receiving. I would be a little disappointed if i received one at this rate tbh. I could consider the Elite but i actually prefer the look of the 600, and the Elite is outside the budget unfortunately.

Thanks all in advance.

Graeme
+-20 SPD is the outer bounds of the movement

Most are +- single digit seconds per day

Mine brand new was -8 SPD after a week and a half of wear

I couldn't HANDLE IT and got my local watchmaker to regulate it to about +1 SPD or so (this was during the 10 weeks the CW shop was closed)

Know that the SW-200-1 movement is eminently regulate-able

It is a slightly modified ETA 2824 which has been around for decades

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Foxman50 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:34 pm I would be more than happy with 5 - 10s/day if this is constant, would only require setting once a week.
Hello and welcome to the forum. 8) .

What you outlined above is exactly the case with my Speedmaster Moonwatch which I have had from new since March 2017.

It has always gained about nine seconds per day, but that is completely constant so if I’m running it for a long period (and it’s pretty much a daily wearer) then I just put it back by a minute every week. It stays pretty much within the zone.

I’ve had a number of CW watches and never had one go more than about 10 seconds adrift.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I have a number of CW watches using the ETA or SW movement. They typically run between + 1 and + 7 seconds per day. A lot will depend upon how you wear the watch. I typically leave mine either face up or crown down for 8 hours over night. I'm reasonably active and mine are kept fully wound during the day. I have not found accuracy to be an issue with any of my CWs.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Really encouraging to hear.

Advanced timing would be better, nothing worse than running for a train only to find out it just left and i’m running 60s late.
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Thanks all for your help, now have a 40mm black steel band on order.

I usually adjust the bands myself, however i believe this band has a pin and colar afair, does anyone have any images, notes or videos on how these are removed/adjusted please.
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Ignore that request just found one on YT, should have looked first.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Foxman50 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:38 pm Thanks all for your help, now have a 40mm black steel band on order.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase. I have always found my CW's to be very accurate.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

pictures always appreciated Foxman50 !
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

So placed order late on Wednesday evening, dispatched Thursday and Arrived early Friday. Now that's what i call service.

Set the time, replaced the strap (couldn't be bothered to resize, too impatient :D)

22hrs in and on it's first day we are running at approx +4sec. Not sure if there is a settling in period where this may change but extremely pleased with this.

This is the first 40mm watch I've owned and while it does fit my wrist perfectly, better than 42mm+, i feel it looks a little small, but I'm sure i will get used to it. These images makes it look twice the size, must be the angle of view. One also makes the dial look blue, it's black.
thumbnail_IMG_0123.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0124.jpg
As for the watch itself i absolutely love it. The bezel almost looks like deep black chrome in some light, it is so reflective. The case has just the right amount of polish and brushed steel and looks a lot thinner on the wrist than it actually is.

Personally i would like the logo to be slightly lighter in colour so that it stands out more, but gives me something to do trying to angle my wrist to see it, that's now my Covid hours exercise for the day :D.

So all in all I'm really impressed with the watch and hopefully many years of good time keeping to come. I'm no watch collector, one watch at a time, well i was........
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Excellent, and it looks a very good fit for your wrist. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Now with original strap. Steel colour is slightly different to the case but i think it actually adds something to it. Ive read that some have had issues with not finding the correct size when removing links, thankfully I've found a perfect fit and should have plenty of adjustment for winter. Love it
thumbnail_IMG_0133.jpg