oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Victoria to Constance

Post by oberonfoto »

A few months ago before Lockdown Mrs O sent me this image of her CWL Victoria:
5FB5DC70-C30C-40CD-857D-3FD9CAC383EB.jpeg
As you can see something had gone wrong with the insert. Contacted the nice people at CW and a return bag was sent. Parcelled it up and returned it for assessment. Couple of days later they informed me they could replace the dial but didn’t have a Victoria’s in stock so would a Constance dial do? I said yes that’s OK then they hit me with the bill -£108 (about £35 more than I paid for the Victoria 6-years ago! Then as we all know Covid-19 arrived and everything stopped (apart from No 10 advisors it seems). Well got the email yesterday saying DPD now had it and would be here today:
4C4AE64A-13AD-428F-A7F0-70639F318A65.jpeg
Mrs O is quite chuffed to have her watch back and it does look a bit like the Victoria.
David

CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black dial/white bezel
Elliot Brown Canford - Ltd Edition Submariner, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance

Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Victoria to Constance

Post by Thermexman »

Not the first time this has happened. Here’s my tale:viewtopic.php?p=741273#p741273

This fix is still good, as I type.
Steve.

oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by oberonfoto »

Steve, I did think about a DIY job but was worried that the glue could get into the movement and bugger it!
David

CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black dial/white bezel
Elliot Brown Canford - Ltd Edition Submariner, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance

MiniMpi
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22

Post by MiniMpi »

Great to see it has been fixed, also very nice to see an old watch like this one back looking good.
Prices have shot up in recent times but worth it for a happy outcome.
Ferg

22 CW watches and a 1934 Rolex 912 'Tank'.

Check out my Instagram @minimpi610

StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by StrappedUp »

Glad it's sorted (in some way), but I do find it a little troublesome that you can't get a replacement dial for a ~6-yr old watch.

Granted the original cost of the watch isn't very high compared to today's offerings, but I hope things are improving on the inventory front.
I'd hate to think you couldn't get an "expensive" CW piece cosmetically fixed 5-6yrs down the road.