meinberg
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Re: New C60 variants

Post by meinberg »

timor54 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:08 pm
Nah... there's insufficient contrast between the black and blue.

Now it they'd done something similar but with a steel bezel like the C60 Sapphire then it would be of genuine interest, at least to me.
I agree, hopefully that version is in the pipeline as we already have the C60 316l Limited edition with steel bezel, and there are 2 steel bezel versions in the C65 GMT line up also.
Oris, CW, Tag and a few others.
Mr_Finer_Things

Post by Mr_Finer_Things »

White dial steel bezel would be an instant buy for me. The Black/blue is nice but I’m going to hold out with fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thegreyman »

I'm not too keen on the black/blue combo but it's good to see an expanding of the range.

Regarding the 40mm size, I received a marketing email from CW today with some relevant comments from CW's head of product design, Adrian Buchmann:

Why does Christopher Ward have so many 40mm watches?
AB: “We’re constantly looking at the sweet-spot size in the market – and it’s something that changes over the years. Five years ago, there was a big trend for huge watches. Now it’s something more reasonable.”

Why not just make all your watches 40mm?
AB: “We’re all different. Some small, some tall, some large, some not – and we all have our preferences. Most of the time bigger people prefer larger watches but sometimes it’s the opposite. That’s why we have different sizes – to suit as many people as possible.”

CW’s 40mm watches have been very successful. Why do you like the size?
AB: “Because watches sized between 39-41mm suit every wrist. From a design point of view, they give me enough space to express myself, and if the movement has a complication I can show it on the dial without it feeling cluttered. Forty is perfect!”
Patrick

C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Ombre COSC LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I have just picked up that email, Patrick. Interesting that the 40 mm watches are getting an obvious plug. Whilst it seems that this size is in the sweet spot range for a lot of people, it’s hard to be too prescriptive as so much depends on the two key variables: the watch itself, and the wearer.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thegreyman »

^^^agreed Steve. 40mm is undoubtedly in my mind their biggest selling size in the Trident range. It would be a shame though if they didn't keep investing in 38 and particularly 42mm versions too, which I'm sure they will.

Whilst 40mm may suit suit the average wrist, it is incredibly frustrating finding a watch you love only to find it is in a size that is either too large or too small and a no go. As you say some watches surprise how they actually wear once you try them on. Despite having a small wrist, I found the 42mm mk3 Trident was quite wearable, certainly more so than the old 43mm Mk2 or 42mm mk1.
Patrick

C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Ombre COSC LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Thegreyman wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:29 am
As you say some watches surprise how they actually wear once you try them on. Despite having a small wrist, I found the 42mm mk3 Trident was quite wearable, certainly more so than the old 43mm Mk2 or 42mm mk1.
I noticed that when I tried them on. The 40 mm felt very good, but the 42 was noticeably more comfortable than its predecessor. The move away from the straight sided case to a more ergonomic design has a lot to do with it IMO.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Does anyone know if the blue colour (Pantone?) is the same across the trident range? It’s difficult to tell from the photos whether the blue in this variant is the same as the blue in the elite. I like the seemingly darker blue in some photos, but less so the more ‘royal’ blue in the C60 elite.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by TheBeatles »

I quite like this variant.

I sold 2 watches last week and only have 1 incoming (William Wood, due this week). So I will have a big glaring space in my watch box.

Temptation, temptation. Get thee behind me, Satan😈
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

Hi Kip, and all....

I am bursting at the seams at the moment awaiting the C60 Chrono which has stolen my heart over an Omega PO that I have coveted as my "grail" watch for years. The boss (wife) has said I can have one for last years birthday present...so as soon as it is out I'm in there.

I have asked CW for some more details of when release date, sizes, etc.... and can't wait.... I feel like I'm 5 again at Christmas time (not +50 in my case) in anticipation that it ticks all the boxes, and I can reserve my favourite number as the serial number.

The whole C60 range is first class, and as all watches down to personal taste, but the latest offering has the colour contrasts too close between the dark blue/black for me, but, still a fine looking watch....I'm holding out for the Chrono being the business, credit card primed :)

My son is likely to get a C60 for his 21st, as he really rates them....so he is maturing at last :)
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side