C60 Trident date setting problem

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Daffy

C60 Trident date setting problem

Post by Daffy »

Hi,
I just bought unused C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600 from eBay, but I have an issue with rapid date correction. I can't adjust date when crown is in postition 3. When I pull crown to position 4 and push back to positon 3 rotating crown feels 'sticky'. I followed all instructions. Date changes normally at 24:00. What could be wrong with the watch?
Have you heard this kind of issues from other owners?
Whether the problem is covered by the warrenty? Warranty card dated Jan/2020, so warranty still valid.

I feel REALLY dissapointed, I don't know what to do.
The seller accept returning, quite fair. But could it be better to send to CW to fix?
What would you do or what would you do?
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Re: C60 Trident date setting problem

Post by Mike2795647 »

If seller happy to accept return and price you paid is similar to other bronze tridents on ebay(as few typically available) then would send back personally
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Have you made sure you are NOT changing the date between about 2000 and 0200?

Apologies if you know that, but it’s a common mistake. General advice is to set the watch to 6 o’clock (a.m. or p.m. doesn’t matter) then set the date to the day BEFORE. Pull out crown to position 4 and wind through until date changes and correct time shown. Good luck!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:49 pm Have you made sure you are NOT changing the date between about 2000 and 0200?

Apologies if you know that, but it’s a common mistake. General advice is to set the watch to 6 o’clock (a.m. or p.m. doesn’t matter) then set the date to the day BEFORE. Pull out crown to position 4 and wind through until date changes and correct time shown. Good luck!
Thanks for your answer. Yes, the watch was half past 6, or someting like that...
I have always followed that rule. But actually I don't know what happens if I try to adjust date between 2000 and 0200... :D
Will damages caused immediately and is it expensive to fix? Anyhow it is easier to follow instructions... :thumbup:
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I’d send it back to the seller and go for the full refund, unless you got an ABSOLUTE bargain.

I understand that CW workshops are currently not accepting repairs (forgive me if this has changed since Monday’s briefing) so any return and repair will likely require many months of patient waiting. Under “normal” circumstances they usually quote 8-12 weeks so I have no idea what the wait time will now.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

No scientific reason behind this, but how about winding the watch, without setting the date or time, and let it run for 24 or 36 hours, to see if the date changes.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I have a Limes Endurance II that has a similar Sellita movement. It is very finicky when setting the date. When it is in just the right position, the date will change if I apply very slight outward pressure to the crown as I turn it.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

Daffy wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:36 pm Hi,
I just bought unused C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600 from eBay, but I have an issue with rapid date correction. I can't adjust date when crown is in postition 3. When I pull crown to position 4 and push back to positon 3 rotating crown feels 'sticky'. I followed all instructions. Date changes normally at 24:00. What could be wrong with the watch?
Whether the problem is covered by the warrenty? Warranty card dated Jan/2020, so warranty still valid.

The seller accept returning, quite fair. But could it be better to send to CW to fix?
Surely position 2 is for changing the date?
Wiggles
Senior
Senior

Post by Wiggles »

redmonaco wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:32 pm
Daffy wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:36 pm Hi,

Surely position 2 is for changing the date?
Position 1. - Screwed in
Position 2. - winding
Position 3. - Date adjust
Position 4. - Time adjust
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

Got it. Never classed "Screwed in" as a position!! :0)
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

Hello again!
And thank you very much for all of you for tips.
The watch is now on the way back to seller, I"ll get full refund.
I contacted earlier CW service, they are unable to accept any new repairs :( because COVID19
This is a bad situation for seller too. Anyway, CW is aware about situation.
So I think problem solved.