Estimated delivery time to U.S. east coast?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
cmk314

Estimated delivery time to U.S. east coast?

Post by cmk314 »

Hi All,

I purchased my first CW yesterday, and was wondering if anyone had experience with shipping to the east coast of the U.S. (D.C. specifically). I hope to get it rather soon, but understand the difficulty under the current climate.

Thanks in advance.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: Estimated delivery time to U.S. east coast?

Post by audio.bill »

Congrats on your new purchase! It's hard to predict delivery times since there are many variables. I'd say if they get it out promptly you could have it as soon as mid-week, but it could be longer... if they don't ship for a few days, if it gets hung up in customs (more likely if declared value > $800), delays due to the current climate, etc. Optimistically I'd hope you'll receive it by the end of this week.
cmk314

Post by cmk314 »

Thanks for your reply. The end of this week would be great.
GreenHighlander
CW-watches: 6

Post by GreenHighlander »

Congrats. I ordered my first CW on Friday and got the shipping notice today. Estimated delivery date to NH is Wednesday.
BLR1
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by BLR1 »

cmk314 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:51 pm Hi All,

I purchased my first CW yesterday, and was wondering if anyone had experience with shipping to the east coast of the U.S. (D.C. specifically). I hope to get it rather soon, but understand the difficulty under the current climate.

Thanks in advance.
For what it’s worth, I ordered my latest watch the Monday before last, and it shipped the next day. Mine got hung up in customs for a couple days, and I got it the following Monday. I thought the shipping time was totally reasonable given that it was going from London to Phoenix. The only thing that bothered me was DHL quoting a delivery date of that Thursday (2 days after shipping), only to realize that’s when I had to start dealing with customs. So I got all excited and forgot about the process basically.

Anyway, enjoy your new watch!
GreenHighlander

cmk314 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:51 pm Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
Which watch did you get? Hopefully you won’t have to deal with customs and import duty.
cmk314

Post by cmk314 »

I got the C60 Trident Pro 600. Would the watch matter on potentially having to deal with customs?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

cmk314 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:49 am I got the C60 Trident Pro 600. Would the watch matter on potentially having to deal with customs?
Not the watch but the cost/value; providing the local / USA DHL office reads the documents supplied by CW in the customary clear plastic wallet on the outside of the package.

I believe there is an $850 threshold, above which duties / tax are payable for import in the USA. If under this the package should sail through and be with you swiftly; local conditions permitting.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
cmk314

Post by cmk314 »

Well I purchased the watch for $780 (with the discount code), so I imagine that I will slide just under that $850 threshold...
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:44 pm
cmk314 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:49 am I got the C60 Trident Pro 600. Would the watch matter on potentially having to deal with customs?
Not the watch but the cost/value; providing the local / USA DHL office reads the documents supplied by CW in the customary clear plastic wallet on the outside of the package.

I believe there is an $850 threshold, above which duties / tax are payable for import in the USA. If under this the package should sail through and be with you swiftly; local conditions permitting.

Guy
Just a minor correction, the declared value threshold requiring duty, taxes, and brokerage fees is $800 for watches coming into the US.
Bahnstormer_vRS

@audio.bill - thanks for the correction.

Looks like the OP will be fine, either way.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

jamsie

Post by jamsie »

Hello CW fans ...first post here and a longtime member over at WatchUSeek under the same user name. Figured my first post should be a helpful one. The previous post concerning US Customs fees threshold is correct at $800. This is my fourth Christopher Ward watch, if you count the one I picked up on eBay over a decade ago when they were a micro brand. They have come a long way!
My recent two C65 models were both under $800 thanks to the generous CW discount codes. Both typically took three days from UK to my door and incurred no custom fees. I live on the East Coast near Boston. Both times they came through NYC customs and then off to Boston. On my third purchase, a C60 Sapphire which also enjoyed a discount code is just over $800, yet DHL already authorized my signature release and it cleared customs. What was odd, it skipped NYC and went through Ontario customs and then to Boston...

**Update Appears customs in Ontario sent it back to the UK when looking at the tracking...so after speaking with DHL they said no custom fees should be requested and it appears to now be in Cincinnati OH..no worries, it will arrive when it does. I will update on its next adventure spot!

Thank you for the warm welcome Guy!!!
Bahnstormer_vRS

jamsie wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:10 pm . . . . . .. . What was odd, it skipped NYC and went through Ontario customs and then to Boston...
Maybe a C-19 related routing change, given NYC is somewhat of a hot spot?

Guy

PS> Welcome to the forum. :wave:

jamsie

Post by jamsie »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:04 pm
jamsie wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:10 pm . . . . . .. . What was odd, it skipped NYC and went through Ontario customs and then to Boston...
Maybe a C-19 related routing change, given NYC is somewhat of a hot spot?

Guy

PS> Welcome to the forum. :wave:
Hello! I updated my post, should show up again here soon. The Ontario stop was due to the plane requiring a fuel stop. Though I thought the same thing as you.
GreenHighlander

My bronze was delivered today after ordering on Friday and shipping Monday. I think it would have been here yesterday but DHL had it bouncing back and forth between Dayton and Cincinnati all day yesterday.