C60 Sapphire - New Release

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
2otto2

Re: C60 Sapphire - New Release

Post by 2otto2 »

interesting, but a rather boring movement for such a view.
at least it's a great size. If only CW could start making thinner watches! Then I would start buying again (oh yes, and the logo, of course, plus the hour hand...)
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

copied from the ABlogToWatch rehash of the PR release:
... The Christopher Ward C60 Sapphire is available now through authorized dealers with an MSRP starting at £795 ...
My emphasis :roll:
Tim
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

A decent review from Worn and Wound.
https://wornandwound.com/review/hands-o ... -sapphire/
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Have they ever given a bad one to cw?
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

I think it's very good and I agree that the website doesn't really 'sell' the watch as it should.

It's not a new idea, but it's a nice take on the idea and considering the R&D involved, the price is also very good.

Yup, hat's off to CW, I hope it sells well for them.

As an aside, on the last few posts, reviews in many of the on-line mags have to be paid for, depending on brand and interest they are likely to generate (for the review website). Or at least, they did.
'Tis me
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

I just noticed that the machined track on the bezel has a sand blasted finish while the rest of the bezel is brushed. I have not seen that before on a watch bezel.
Metman
Junior
Junior

Post by Metman »

I quite like the look of this one, particularly the fact that the timing markings stop at 15 and not 16 like on other editions. The markings going to 16 doesn’t make any sense?
Isis
Expert
Expert

Post by Isis »

Looks ok. Am I buying? No.
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Noush »

It's a yes from me. A big "Oh, yeah!" as soon as I saw it. I can see how this will polarise but that's a good thing, better than "safe". Props to CW.
Actually buy one? Yes to that too (blue/orange hybrid my pick) although not just at present.....

Perhaps a bit too much going on for a regular daily but as part of my rotation, absolutely! A bit different, plenty of interest. Perhaps not the most interesting movement in the world to view 2-sided but if you don't pay SH21 money (and I don't) then so be that.

I have nothing that needs moving on, so I guess it will be (sorry Jody) Just One M... ..... :)
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
TP Fit
Senior
Senior

Post by TP Fit »

Zelos1.jpg
It's a definite yes for me...but I just bought this! So, the question is it different enough to justify two blue dials/steal bezel watches? hmmm...I'll have to ponder on this for a bit. Timing is everything sometimes...
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Well guys, peace is over, I'm back! The mods seem to have been having it too easy lately so that needs to change :lol: As people who know me are aware I've been absent for a while - so, 'ey up' to those who know me here and also to the newbies that don't (although I see the newbies have their own dedicated thread to moan about not getting a 'daily special' :lol: ). This watch has bought me out the woodwork as it's the first CW in a fair while that's grabbed me. As many know I wanted the blue see through dial for something different on the last 'failed' FLE, so now CW have put one into production I am very tempted after I've sold a few to make way. Right, now to try and liven this place up a bit again!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Welcome back Chris.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Metman wrote:I quite like the look of this one, particularly the fact that the timing markings stop at 15 and not 16 like on other editions. The markings going to 16 doesn’t make any sense?
The reasoning behind this is, I believe simple.

On the Admin Team's visit to CW Towers back last November, I had the opportunity to ask Adrian Buchmann about it.

The reason why the timing markings stop at '16' on the likes of the C60 Trident Elite 1000 and C60 Apex is that with a '15' on the bezel, if the timing marking stopped at 15 this would be half way under the '15' and will give it the appearance of being lopsided.

By extending the timing marking to finish at 16 it stabilised this potential lopsidedness.

On the C60 Sapphire, there is only a 'dash' marker at 15 and therefore the timing marking can finish at 15 without any undue optical effect.

Hope that makes sense.

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:29 pm Welcome back Chris.

Guy

Cheers, Guy. I banged the drum for this dial enough for the FLE, to no avail, so thought it only right I jumped back in now CW are producing one.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:23 pm Well guys, peace is over, I'm back! The mods seem to have been having it too easy lately so that needs to change :lol: As people who know me are aware I've been absent for a while - so, 'ey up' to those who know me here and also to the newbies that don't (although I see the newbies have their own dedicated thread to moan about not getting a 'daily special' :lol: ). This watch has bought me out the woodwork as it's the first CW in a fair while that's grabbed me. As many know I wanted the blue see through dial for something different on the last 'failed' FLE, so now CW have put one into production I am very tempted after I've sold a few to make way. Right, now to try and liven this place up a bit again!
Goody gumdrops. Welcome back Chris :)
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)