C60 Sapphire - New Release

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: C60 Sapphire - New Release

Post by jtc »

sproughton wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:39 pm Don't really see the point in a display back unless it's showing off a stunning movement. Looks fine, but I'd rather a thinner profile instead.
If it didn't have a sapphire case back people would be saying why the dial and not the case back :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

jtc wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:43 pm
sproughton wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:39 pm Don't really see the point in a display back unless it's showing off a stunning movement. Looks fine, but I'd rather a thinner profile instead.
If it didn't have a sapphire case back people would be saying why the dial and not the case back :lol:
Oh absolutely.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Review now available on A blog to watch

"With the C60 Sapphire Christopher Ward continues to dance to the beat of its own stylistic drum, creating a distinctive and capable diver that sets itself well apart from other offerings in this bracket."

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

I click on the pre order button, it greys out and then nothing... Tried a few browsers... Given up.
GreatScott
Senior
Senior

Post by GreatScott »

I don't mind the date wheel showing, that is the most interesting thing on that side of the movement. I applaud the work, but feel it is not what anyone really was asking for because it is the boring side of the movement.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

It's interesting that A Blog To Watch referenced the 1960s Bulova Accutron Spaceview because that was my first thought this morning.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:50 pm Review now available on A blog to watch

"With the C60 Sapphire Christopher Ward continues to dance to the beat of its own stylistic drum, creating a distinctive and capable diver that sets itself well apart from other offerings in this bracket."

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
To be fair, it's not really a review. Just a rehash of the marketing materials with the same stock photos.

I don't get the 'story' of this watch. A see-through dial (yawn, Swatch has been doing that for years) looking into a basic movement. The story would have been much more interesting and coherent if the movement was an SH21 - there'd be somewhat of a point to the whole see-through thing.

And the screws at 9 and 3? Nope.

It all seems gimmicky.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

FloridaPhil wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:12 pm
I don't get the 'story' of this watch. A see-through dial (yawn, Swatch has been doing that for years) looking into a basic movement. The story would have been much more interesting and coherent if the movement was an SH21 - there'd be somewhat of a point to the whole see-through thing.

It all seems gimmicky.
Must confess I'm rarely looking for the stories behind watches, just whether I like the look of it. If it had the SH21 some might think of it as a better watch, but it's not going to change the look on the wrist particularly. I applaud CW for trying something a bit different and am pleasantly surprised by it.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

sproughton wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:20 pm

It all seems gimmicky.
Must confess I'm rarely looking for the stories behind watches, just whether I like the look of it. If it had the SH21 some might think of it as a better watch, but it's not going to change the look on the wrist particularly. I applaud CW for trying something a bit different and am pleasantly surprised by it.
So, a see-through dial on a pedestrian movement is to be applauded? Okay then.... buy one and enjoy it.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

^^^Phil, has this habit ever been that logical? An SH21 would probably add £1k to the price.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

FloridaPhil wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:23 pm
sproughton wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:20 pm

It all seems gimmicky.
So, a see-through dial on a pedestrian movement is to be applauded? Okay then.... buy one and enjoy it.
Must confess I rarely get my knickers in a twist when someone has a differing opinion either, perhaps you could try that some time?
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

Differing from you is getting 'my knickers in a twist'? That's a strange self-centered approach you've got going there.
WatchChat on Facebook
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Thegreyman wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:27 pm ^^^Phil, has this habit ever been that logical? An SH21 would probably add £1k to the price.
And would have resulted in yet another 42mm C60 variant.
Ryan
scrw
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by scrw »

so launching a new watch on the website then taking the site down for maintainance :oops:
Steve

C4 Peregrine Chronograph
C5 Battle of Britain (70) 6B/159 Automatic
C60 Orange & Black
C60 Red
C60 White
C60 Chronograph Orange & Black
C70 VW COSC
C7 Rapide
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

FloridaPhil wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:34 pm Differing from you is getting 'my knickers in a twist'? That's a strange self-centered approach you've got going there.
:roll: :roll:

Leaving daft comments to one side, I'm also interested in the narrative in Loupe: "Until now, people have thought the most durable dials ever to be Omega's ceramic dials or perhaps Patek Philippe's enamel ones". Does anyone in this era of watchmaking worry about the durability of their watch dial?