Congratulations, Guy. That's a perfect acquisition for you. :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: Unique Daily Special - Forum Exclusive

Post by Viognier »

Congratulations Guy, very cool incoming arrival!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

Great looking watch, thanks for sharing.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

Was it just this model they were going to make available or some of the other military ones they’ve produced?

I’ve seen quite a few littered around the site still.
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Molan wrote:Was it just this model they were going to make available or some of the other military ones they’ve produced?

I’ve seen quite a few littered around the site still.
There's always the chance of the odd one or two Military Collection stragglers popping up in July.

This is the one that caught my eye as it is a black Makaira, not previously seen, and there were several of them.

I have relayed CW contact information to several interested forumites and will also post something suitable on the CWE Group shortly.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS

Re: Unique Daily Special - Forum / CWE Exclusive

. . . . . and the remaining pieces have now been sold. :thumbup:

I look forward to seeing a few pictures on here in the soon.

If I hear of any more, similar unique watches, in the future, I'll let you guys know. :wink:

Guy

dancclayton92

Post by dancclayton92 »

I assume that FDU 1 have been told that their unit Watch is now being sold on the civilian market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bahnstormer_vRS

dancclayton92 wrote:I assume that FDU 1 have been told that their unit Watch is now being sold on the civilian market?

Welcome to the forum, Dan.

It is assumed so.

The watch can be dated as having been produced between August 2012, when the C11 Makaira Pro 500 was introduced, and June 2016 when the CW logo changed from Chr.WARD (as used on the watch) to the current logo.

Thus CW have had the unsold watches in stock for, potentially, 4 or more years. I would expect they would have taken reasonable steps, in discussion with the members of FDU1 who organised and commissioned the watch, to get these sold.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by Gareth »

New in today:

I've been half looking out for a used C11 Makaira to replace an Extreme model I sold a couple of years ago, which I have always regretted letting go.

I've also been looking a the C7 Hornet on the CW website for quite a while as I really like the orange on black look.

So when I saw Guy's post about the FDU1 model I couldn't resist - effectively two watches for the price of one!

I asked if it could come on the orange/black hybrid. This is one of the older 'thicker' hybrids, but it hasn't bothered me on my Apex. I know someone was asking about the hybrids on another post, so it does look like CW are still using up the old stock.

Ordered Thursday lunchtime, delivered Saturday morning and couldn't be happier with it.

Thanks to Guy for your help on this!
dancclayton92

Post by dancclayton92 »

I hope that CW have informed military project coordinators about these sales. As CW project owner I wouldn’t want my project being sold without being informed.

Bahnstormer_vRS

dancclayton92 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:52 pm I hope that CW have informed military project coordinators about these sales. As CW project owner I wouldn’t want my project being sold without being informed.

I hope so too Dan and, I'm sorry, but I don't otherwise know the answer to your question.

As I have already written; "Thus CW have had the unsold watches in stock for, potentially, 4 or more years. I would expect they would have taken reasonable steps, in discussion with the members of FDU1 who organised and commissioned the watch, to get these sold."

Guy

Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by Gareth »

dancclayton92 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:52 pm I hope that CW have informed military project coordinators about these sales. As CW project owner I wouldn’t want my project being sold without being informed.

Just an assumption, but as the watches weren't for sale in November 2019, as stated in the OP, but have now been made available then I'd say that something must have changed position, i.e. Permission was given to sell to Joe public.

I would have thought this comission must be at least three years old as I haven't seen any C11 divers since on the CW website since about 2016/17. So these are probably returns or unsold inventory.

If it concerns you that much maybe contact CW direct? I'll just get on enjoying my new watch 8)
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

Two words....

STUNNING

Bugger! :grin:

C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

dancclayton92 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:52 pm I hope that CW have informed military project coordinators about these sales.
In the event that the agreement to produce these pieces requires them to so, I hope they have too. Just as I hope they, and any company I buy from, meet all of their legal and contractual obligations. As a reputable company I have never seen anything to suggest that they would not.

However, if I had any reasonable suspicion that they did not, I would raise the question directly with the company. I would not ask the question a number of times on a public forum where at best I'm only likely to get the opinion of a well informed customer.

This is clearly important to you, so if you follow the 'contact us' link on their website you could email the question directly to the company. Hopefully, they can provide you with the reassurance you are looking for.
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE