Is this genuine - Trident Pro Bronze

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Daffy

Is this genuine - Trident Pro Bronze

Post by Daffy »

Hello everybody!

I'm a newbie with Christopher Ward (and generally all watches :D ).
So, I would be very greatful, if you kindly could give sone advise to to me.

I found this interesting sale announcement: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christopher- ... GTR=1#shId

I'd like to hear your opinion:
1) Is that watch real CW or is it fake?
2) Is the price realistic or is it too high?

Thanks in advance
Daffy
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Re: Is this genuine - Trident Pro Bronze

Post by Jcalder68 »

This is a guy I've seen list many, many watches and a lot of the are CW ones. My guess is he snaps them up in sales and then flips them, but this is pure speculation.
I’ve never dealt with him though so have no idea what he is like as a seller.
The price seems high to me, I’ve seen bronze C60s well below this although these are mostly well used.
As it if it is genuine or not, I would say most likely yes.
In normal times I would think of buying it and then immediately either phone or post to CW for verification, or even book a visit to the showroom to confirm it and re-register it under your name.
In those more different times I’m not so sure, especially with the showroom and workshops effectively closed.
I am sure someone else on here will be more placed to confirm authenticity, but I personally think you can get better value elsewhere.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Danbailey007 »

Looks genuine to me but price seems high. Think I paid around that for mine from the 30% off section of the CW site which, like most others, means it came as practically new.

Edit: I have the 43mm version, not that I think it makes a difference to the original price.
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

To add to the advice from @Jcalder68, in the description it states that it comes with CW box and papers. You should ask the seller for a photo of these.

As to price/value.

From the information on the CWArchives the original price was £795. If purchased in the January Sale to it would likely have been a 'Nearly New' item at 30% off.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

Daffy wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:25 pm Hello everybody!

I'm a newbie with Christopher Ward (and generally all watches :D ).
So, I would be very greatful, if you kindly could give sone advise to to me.

I found this interesting sale announcement: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christopher- ... GTR=1#shId

I'd like to hear your opinion:
1) Is that watch real CW or is it fake?
2) Is the price realistic or is it too high?

Thanks in advance
Daffy

For any CW watch, take a minimum of 15% of the price off from new and use that as your reference new price.
The seller is genuine, the price is, in my opinion, a little too high, but not that far off the mark from other sold watches of this particular model.
Another point or two worth bearing in mind, is that it is entirely irrelevant where a seller sources the watches (as long as it is legal) and how much the seller paid for the watch. You only need to establish whether or not you want to buy it at that price.
Personally, I’d aim for around the low £500 region. You could pick up a mint used watch for around £450, maybe less.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

I'm 99.9% sure that it's a real CW (based on the fact that we haven't seen any fakes on the market yet).
The price is high - this could have been picked up in the January sale, or nearly new section of the CW site, @30% off RRP which would have equated to £556.50 delivered.
The obvious inconsistency is...was it purchased in January 2019 (in sub-title) or February 2019 (in description)? - I'd ask for a picture of the papers to verify.
HTH
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

Thank you very much all of you!
I got lot of good information from your answers. I send couple of additional questions to seller.
CW Trident,and especially Mk2, looks great! I hope we can make deal soon. :)
Daffy
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Daffy wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:17 am Thank you very much all of you!
I got lot of good information from your answers. I send couple of additional questions to seller.
CW Trident,and especially Mk2, looks great! I hope we can make deal soon. :)
Daffy
Just a heads up. An email has just been sent to say that the clearance section will have some activity over the coming days.

There is a C60 bronze on there now but it is 43mm rather than the 38mm on ebay at £397.50.
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/event ... ronze-mk-2

Worthwhile keeping check as something might pop up and you will have the benefits of buying direct. They will come an go quickly though!

Good luck.