https://www.watchpro.com/christopher-wa ... hs-heroes/
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Re: Great move from CW

Post by Commisar »

albionphoto wrote:A great gesture from CW. 10 watches for NHS heroes. :clap: :clap:

https://www.watchpro.com/christopher-wa ... hs-heroes/
Very nice Image

Bravo CW

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Very nice thought.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

It's a very nice gesture.

It saddens me though, that it takes a crisis for these people to be recognised. Heroes everyday, not just in a pandemic.
TPS10
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by TPS10 »

I’m genuinely intrigued by people’s views on this and I’ll explain my reason for asking.

Is this viewed as a genuine gesture of goodwill and a much needed donation to the heroes of the NHS?
Or
Is this viewed as a cynical PR stunt to gain positive publicity for the brand by giving products that are probably not needed and the cash equivalent donation would be better received?
Or somewhere in between?

My reason for asking is that my company have donated 100 coffee machines to the NHS, as there was a request put out for much needed equipment to help the staff during this crisis.
We discussed whether we should put out a press release saying what we had done, but in the end decided not to. Our thinking was that we had done it because it was the right thing to do, not because was we wanted the positive PR. Whilst I’m comfortable with our decision, I do wonder if we’ve missed a trick and played too safe, so I am genuinely intrigued by people’s thoughts when they read of these donations from companies.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

A genuine gesture and I applauded them for it.
Keep up the good work,

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
CHZacc
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 10

Post by CHZacc »

Would of preferred if they had donated something useful besides a watch for 10 people, I would of prefered something we could use , equipmenmt, ppe etc instead of this, also , if i recieved one ,i would be a tad embarrased as i know how this is having an effect on all of us who work in the NHS

just my thoughts though

ps I :clap: TPS10 for his companies actions, you dont realize how much coffee we drink on shift lol
C60 Trident 600 PRO
C700 Grande Rapide ETA 7750
C8 Regulator
C8 P7350 #29 SH21
C8 Pilot MK II Auto
C900 SinglePusher LE
C9 Harrison Automatic
C9 FLE # 9 ''Red 12''
C9 BDD
C11 MSL Chrono
Omega Speedmaster 3606

ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

It's a shame CW don't make face masks and gloves. :?

Sorry if I don't get a warm, fuzzy glow about this – for all the 'great gesture' puff, it's still marketing the brand.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Kettmark

Post by Kettmark »

Nice gesture but good advertising too.
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Qubo »

There is no wrong way doing the right thing. Well done to everyone who supports our public service heroes - in a big way or in a small way. All count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Doesn't sit right to me.

When I heard about it earlier, my initial response was it's a sponsored post (it's not) and a cheap way to get some PR when not much is happening in the world of watches. I didn't post as I wanted to see if it was just me who had reservations.

Really can't see anyone in the NHS being interested in watches in the foreseeable future from any brand, not just CW.

Yes, support our NHS, yes donate food, services, PPE, transport etc but watches?

Would've been better to see an article in Loupe, in a few months time when hopefully we are all in a better place, on a dedicated thank you page - perhaps linked to a crowdfunding page for NHS staff who perish.

If they did it with the right intentions then well done CW. If they didn't, then shame on you!

Instagram page btw appears to be offline?
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
mattjary
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

Post by mattjary »

A great gesture from Christopher ward, be it large or small it keeps the nhs guys and girls in our minds and hearts.
What might be nice is to commission 100 ladies watches to sell as a one off, called Nightingale. ( after the new hospitals)
Just a thought.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

I’m afraid I see this as nothing more than a PR exercise. 10 NHS workers get a free watch. The others, working just as hard, taking just as much risk, get nothing. How exactly is this helping anyone apart from 10 individuals?
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

TPS10 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:21 pm I’m genuinely intrigued by people’s views on this and I’ll explain my reason for asking.

Is this viewed as a genuine gesture of goodwill and a much needed donation to the heroes of the NHS?
Or
Is this viewed as a cynical PR stunt to gain positive publicity for the brand by giving products that are probably not needed and the cash equivalent donation would be better received?
Or somewhere in between?

My reason for asking is that my company have donated 100 coffee machines to the NHS, as there was a request put out for much needed equipment to help the staff during this crisis.
We discussed whether we should put out a press release saying what we had done, but in the end decided not to. Our thinking was that we had done it because it was the right thing to do, not because was we wanted the positive PR. Whilst I’m comfortable with our decision, I do wonder if we’ve missed a trick and played too safe, so I am genuinely intrigued by people’s thoughts when they read of these donations from companies.
Bearing in mind that we live in a capitalistic society, I personally think it would be naive to believe that it is anything other than “Somewhere in between”.
Regards
Craig
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

what-time-is-it wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:00 pm Doesn't sit right to me.

When I heard about it earlier, my initial response was it's a sponsored post (it's not) and a cheap way to get some PR when not much is happening in the world of watches. I didn't post as I wanted to see if it was just me who had reservations.

Really can't see anyone in the NHS being interested in watches in the foreseeable future from any brand, not just CW.

Yes, support our NHS, yes donate food, services, PPE, transport etc but watches?

Would've been better to see an article in Loupe, in a few months time when hopefully we are all in a better place, on a dedicated thank you page - perhaps linked to a crowdfunding page for NHS staff who perish.

If they did it with the right intentions then well done CW. If they didn't, then shame on you!

Instagram page btw appears to be offline?
Exactly how I see it. Nice gesture I suppose, in wanting to do something for those on the frontlines of this, but a bit crass in its implementation.
Drew