Brand new C60 Trident Mk3 40mm

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Commisar
Junior
Junior

Brand new C60 Trident Mk3 40mm

Post by Commisar » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Here it is, my work bonus present to myself. Black C60 Trident Mk3 40mm. Ordered last Friday, it arrived Wednesday afternoon with standard shipping. I took out 3 links and I have plenty of options in the built in micro adjust. Wrist is 7.1 inches in diameter. Position 5 and maybe 4 are loose and position 3 is just about perfect. Position 1 is probably good for cold days.

Overall build quality is EXCELLENT, the bracelet and close look and feel very solid. I will say that bracelet sizing was hell on Earth..... Pin and collar is EVIL. Image

The quick release bracelet is a great addition as well.

The size of the watch at 40mm is great and the Lightcatcher case design lives up to its name. It glints and plays with the light exactly as described in reviews.

The dial and hands are exceptionally legible and of course the SW-200-1 movement is ticking along at 28800 bph.

The ONLY thing I'd personally change would be either a gold seconds hand or the second hand from the red version of the C60 1000 titanium.

That being said, I got this for sub $770 USD and it is hands down the BEST value in it's price segment.

Bravo Christopher Ward ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Brand new C60 Trident Mk3 40mm

Post by TheBeatles » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Looks great, but I have to say in their defence. I’ve never ever encountered problems with their collar and pin. Sometimes I prefer them to screws as if the screws are factory tight, there is the risk of burring the edges. So I guess I’m in the minority in liking collar/pins.

But I certainly agree about the QR, just received my first on a C65 from Clearance. Fantastic bracelet.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles

Commisar
Junior
Junior

Post by Commisar » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:45 pm

TheBeatles wrote:Looks great, but I have to say in their defence. I’ve never ever encountered problems with their collar and pin. Sometimes I prefer them to screws as if the screws are factory tight, there is the risk of burring the edges. So I guess I’m in the minority in liking collar/pins.

But I certainly agree about the QR, just received my first on a C65 from Clearance. Fantastic bracelet.
Yep

The collar and pins on mine were in there super tight..... That's excellent for keeping the bracelet together... Not so much for sizing. Ah well, it's all in the past now Image

Jcalder68
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:02 pm

It’s a great watch that is for sure. Perfect size, good looks and more than decent performance. CW has really upped their game and quality with some of their recent releases. Keep it up!
Enjoy!

C
CW Watches (To Date): Trident M3 40mm, C60 Pro 300, C60 Pro 600 Vintage, C65 GMT, C65 Diver Auto, C65 Diver Manual
Others (To Date): Sinn 104, Seiko SNA411, G-Shock

Commisar
Junior
Junior

Post by Commisar » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:08 pm

Jcalder68 wrote:It’s a great watch that is for sure. Perfect size, good looks and more than decent performance. CW has really upped their game and quality with some of their recent releases. Keep it up!
Enjoy!

C
I most certainly will. It's the highest quality watch I have ever owned and looks the part. I also love supporting a smaller, independent brand like CW too.

Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Viognier » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:26 pm

Congratulations, that looks fantastic!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy

Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:06 pm

TheBeatles wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:41 pm
Looks great, but I have to say in their defence. I’ve never ever encountered problems with their collar and pin. Sometimes I prefer them to screws as if the screws are factory tight, there is the risk of burring the edges. So I guess I’m in the minority in liking collar/pins.
Yes a superb looking watch.
In respect of their collar and pins, I also like the ones used on CW bracelets. Since upgrading to a high quality Swiss tool, I have found it relatively easy to size their bracelets. I also like the screw fixings, but only if they are top end quality, on par with Rolex quality.
Regards
Craig