C65 GMT Worldtimer

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
meinberg
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Re: C65 GMT Worldtimer

Post by meinberg »

I like the retro feel but just too cluttered for me. Maybe they are missing the input of CW in the design process?
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

meinberg wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:41 pm I like the retro feel but just too cluttered for me. Maybe they are missing the input of CW in the design process?
I’m sure the designs would have been well in place before Chris left the company.

I thought this might be the next acquisition, but I’m really not sure. It is a tool watch for sure, but I find the colours used quite stark and perhaps a little cold. I think blue and orange instead of black and yellow would probably have been more attractive to me. Perhaps they might introduce variations a little further down the line. I shall play the waiting game.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Even though I'm not a fan of the watch per se, I do think the screw-down crown mades a solid contribution to the overall specification which was sadly lacking in the C65 range. That's a personal observation based not on any association with water-resistance but simply of the security it brings in not being able to inadvertantly pull the crown out in normal usage.

Quite why they had ommitted it so far (on cost and perceived benefit grounds presumably) but have seen fit to introduce one in this model is unclear, but I do think pulling that design feature through into the whole C65 range would be a good thing.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:20 am I thought this might be the next acquisition, but I’m really not sure. It is a tool watch for sure, but I find the colours used quite stark and perhaps a little cold. I think blue and orange instead of black and yellow would probably have been more attractive to me. Perhaps they might introduce variations a little further down the line. I shall play the waiting game.
Sage advice to yourself Steve !
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
HaaBratt

Post by HaaBratt »

I like the overall look of the watch. Not a fan of world timers, but this is a world timer I wouldn’t mind owning.
One thing, though, which has made me sell other watches I have owned..; why - when they put more stuff along the outside of the dial and move the minute / second markers inn, why don’t they shorten the minute hand?
It really annoys me when the minute markers are completely covered by the minute hand...😅
Yeah... not a big deal, but big enough for me!
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Blog post suggests the C65 is fitted with a COSC certified movement, which from what I can tell isn't accurate.
Different watches – same movement
If you value near-perfect accuracy, the Sellita SW330 GMT movement that powers both watches will be your trusted friend. Not only does it run a GMT function as a certified chronometer, it’s among the top six per cent of movements for accuracy. So wherever you are – or wherever you want to be – you’ll always be on time.
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/blog/

Yes I'm bored.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
ChinaBlade

Post by ChinaBlade »

Got this is my list to be considered
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

biggus_richus wrote:I find the bezel confusing. Some cities have lines extending out to the right, some don't. Are they DST indicators?
Here's your answer Rich;-

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:54 pm Here's your answer Rich;-
Thanks for remembering my question Guy. Slightly amazed that I was right!
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
heffergm
Junior
Junior

Post by heffergm »

I actually like it. It ticks a lot of boxes I'd be interested in, even though at 41mm I think it's probably too big for me. Clearly they did it to account for all the 'stuff' they had to fit on the bezel. And even the lug-to-lug is good at 47mm. The problem is that to get it that short, they had to push the lugs inboard on the case, and that means 22mm lug width, which unfortunately means me and my small wrists are out.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

biggus_richus wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:27 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:54 pm Here's your answer Rich;-
Thanks for remembering my question Guy. Slightly amazed that I was right!
Always happy to help. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Watchamacallit
Senior
Senior

Post by Watchamacallit »

I almost like it a lot, but like other CW watches I dislike the big GMT hand and non-independent hour hand. I know it is easy to be an armchair critic but I associate the color yellow with the sun or daytime so it this looks backwards to me.

I like the bezel and overall vibe.