Too many watches....

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Too many watches....

Post by Thegreyman »

It's at this point that a paltry 14 (or whatever I have) feels wholly inadequate :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Too many watches....

Post by gaf1958 »

Actually, I left off one option
d) stick with what I have for as long as I can.
It’s what I’m presently trying do; stick in a holding pattern; no buying, no selling.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Ive thought a lot about this over recent months, disposed of a few and currently sit at ¼ of Garys and ½ Guys.. i think for me its all relevant to where I am with other stuff; life, circumstances, headspace etc.at one point I didn't bat an eye at 60-70 and could have easily doubled based on watches of interest.. at the moment I would probably be more comfortable with 7-10 (but as Gary notes, its a bad time to sell). Ive also been through the cycle before and have subsequently wished i had kept one or 2 of the pieces i divested. So, now I try to act slower either way (purchases to be more discerning and sales to be more sure it doesn't have a long term place in the collection).
Im rambling but guess my point is for me there isn't such a thing as too many, maybe just too many at a given time.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

And for those that are thinking of selling but worried that with the current financial uncertainty they might not realise the amount they would like to receive there is always the "want to buy" section of the forum where you might find possible purchasers! (Writes someone who has just posted a reminder there :wave: )

Happy Easter everyone and stay safe,
Chris
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
Wiggles
Senior
Senior

Post by Wiggles »

Wiggles wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:20 pm
tikkathree wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:41 pm
Wiggles wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:31 pm It's impossible to have too many watches. Pull yourself together

You sure about that?

Good! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yep
Not as bad as it may seem. The one at the bottom furthest to the right is just a cheap work watch I use for knocking around the house etc. The three to the left are all vintage watches, which get worn as and when. Bottom left in it's own box is a watch I bought purely for investment. It is a Seiko Black Ripley, from the film Aliens, and is quite rare. The remainder are worn on rotation as per a spreadsheet.