Wohoo! It's finally here!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Theo_s
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Wohoo! It's finally here!

Post by Theo_s »

So, Tuesday marked 1 week since I placed the order, and today I got the watch. It's rather fitting, as it's my birthday present and got it exactly on the right day :-D

I'm completely smitten with this watch. The 38mm size fits precisely how I was hoping it would, the red colour on the bezel, everything is just damn perfect. Well, almost. It's as close to perfection as I could reasonably expect.

Had some engraving done on the back, but it's not quite aligned perfectly...but not an issue for me. When screwing in the crown, the logo goes a bit beyond horizontal, and there's just a tiny bit of play on the bezel.

Other than that, I really could not find a single thing to complain about. Oh, actually, the strap. I REALLY like the hybrid strap, and if it was available in a shorter size I might have opted to stick with it. Alas, I've resorted back to my Zuludiver 400 strap.

Current collection : CW C60 Trident Pro 600 38mm Black/Burgundy, Graf Zeppelin LZ129 Moonphase 36mm, Timex Marlin reissue 34mm
Incoming piece : -
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: Wohoo! It's finally here!

Post by neilj568 »

Theo_s wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:20 am When screwing in the crown, the logo goes a bit beyond horizontal
If it remained horizontal you would be very fortunate... :lol: :lol:
Junior

Post by Theo_s »

neilj568 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:49 am
Theo_s wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:20 am When screwing in the crown, the logo goes a bit beyond horizontal
If it remained horizontal you would be very fortunate... :lol: :lol:
Lol, true. When I modded my SKX013 I trimmed the stem until I got the signed crown to line up perfectly.
Current collection : CW C60 Trident Pro 600 38mm Black/Burgundy, Graf Zeppelin LZ129 Moonphase 36mm, Timex Marlin reissue 34mm
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Congrats, it looks the perfect size and black/red (and sadly the demised white/red) is one of the best colour combos IMHO.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Lovely watch. Thanks for posting the pictures. This should be a keeper as red bezel CWs are going to become much rarer in the future especially as they can no longer have red, ceramic bezels manufactured.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Congrats... And Happy Birthday!
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Looks fantastic and the fitment on your wrist is great! Congratulations on a brilliant choice for your dive watch!!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Congratulations, looks to be a great size and perfect fit. :clap:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
mattjary
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

Post by mattjary »

Congratulations, you picked a great colour combination.
Theo_s
Junior
Junior

Post by Theo_s »

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

I'm really loving the black/red combo. But I must say, the renders on CW's site really doesn't do the colour justice. Those images make it look like a brighter red, when in reality it's quite dynamic as it can shift, depending on the light, between burgundy, maroon, brick, crimson/blood red, and almost a type of brownish colour too.
It's exactly the subtle pop of colour I wanted from it.

Soporsche wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:38 am Congrats, it looks the perfect size and black/red (and sadly the demised white/red) is one of the best colour combos IMHO.
albionphoto wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:07 pm Lovely watch. Thanks for posting the pictures. This should be a keeper as red bezel CWs are going to become much rarer in the future especially as they can no longer have red, ceramic bezels manufactured.
monkeymax wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:04 pm Congrats... And Happy Birthday!
Thanks!
Viognier wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:01 pm Looks fantastic and the fitment on your wrist is great! Congratulations on a brilliant choice for your dive watch!!!
watchaholic wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:24 pm Congratulations, looks to be a great size and perfect fit. :clap:
mattjary wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:05 pm Congratulations, you picked a great colour combination.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Congratulations and Happy Birthday. The red bezel is fantastic. The only complaint I have with my white/red C60 is that the red used on the bezel is really hard to match to a strap.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Theo_s
Junior
Junior

Post by Theo_s »

Lavaine wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:31 am Congratulations and Happy Birthday.
Thanks!
Lavaine wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:31 am The red bezel is fantastic. The only complaint I have with my white/red C60 is that the red used on the bezel is really hard to match to a strap.
In which case I'd suggest that you go for a complimentary colour rather than trying to get it all matchy matchy.

Navy or petrol blue and perhaps forest green should work really well. Burnt orange could also look great.