It's done...first order placed

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Theo_s
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

It's done...first order placed

Post by Theo_s »

So, after asking a bunch of questions (thanks to all that answered and posted requested pics), I've placed an order for the C60 with red bezel and hybrid strap. At first I was settled on the black, but basically every diver comes in black, and the red was just a little different to me. It doesn't seem like a bright kind of red that shouts "hey, I wanna be a sports car!", so I think the subtlety will work well.
I got it for a pretty decent price I think, since I'm having it shipped out of the UK (so no Vat applied) and applied the current discount code. That brought the total to about $655, but with import duties and Vat once it arrives here will be closer to $720.

Now the wait begins. I opted to have it engraved as well as this will be my birthday present for this year :D
Current collection : CW C60 Trident Pro 600 38mm Black/Burgundy, Graf Zeppelin LZ129 Moonphase 36mm, Timex Marlin reissue 34mm
Incoming piece : -
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Re: It's done...first order placed

Post by Commisar »

Theo_s wrote:So, after asking a bunch of questions (thanks to all that answered and posted requested pics), I've placed an order for the C60 with red bezel and hybrid strap. At first I was settled on the black, but basically every diver comes in black, and the red was just a little different to me. It doesn't seem like a bright kind of red that shouts "hey, I wanna be a sports car!", so I think the subtlety will work well.
I got it for a pretty decent price I think, since I'm having it shipped out of the UK (so no Vat applied) and applied the current discount code. That brought the total to about $655, but with import duties and Vat once it arrives here will be closer to $720.

Now the wait begins. I opted to have it engraved as well as this will be my birthday present for this year :D
Very nice. Is it coming to another EU country? The USA doesn't have a VAT and many states won't apply sales tax to international items.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Theo_s
Junior
Junior

Post by Theo_s »

Commisar wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:27 pm
Theo_s wrote:So, after asking a bunch of questions (thanks to all that answered and posted requested pics), I've placed an order for the C60 with red bezel and hybrid strap. At first I was settled on the black, but basically every diver comes in black, and the red was just a little different to me. It doesn't seem like a bright kind of red that shouts "hey, I wanna be a sports car!", so I think the subtlety will work well.

Very nice. Is it coming to another EU country? The USA doesn't have a VAT and many states won't apply sales tax to international items.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Nope, I'm in Dubai.
Current collection : CW C60 Trident Pro 600 38mm Black/Burgundy, Graf Zeppelin LZ129 Moonphase 36mm, Timex Marlin reissue 34mm
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Congratulations !!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Good luck with your first buy, hope it is everything you wanted,

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Theo_s
Junior
Junior

Post by Theo_s »

Viognier wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:56 pm Congratulations !!
Thanks!
Jcalder68 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:42 pm Good luck with your first buy, hope it is everything you wanted,

C

Thanks, me too! :thumbup:
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations !
Looking forward to seeing the photos of it when it arrives.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Congratulations, good choice with the red bezel. Wearing a red bezel Trident myself atm.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Theo_s
Junior
Junior

Post by Theo_s »

MiniMpi wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:57 am Congratulations !
Looking forward to seeing the photos of it when it arrives.

Thegreyman wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:18 am Congratulations, good choice with the red bezel. Wearing a red bezel Trident myself atm.
Thanks, really looking forward to getting it. Anyone know roughly how much extra time is required for the engraving?

I contacted CW to ask and got told that engraving takes a bit longer and that it would take 3-5 working days from placing an order to delivery. But not sure if the person meant that's when it will actually be delivered to me seeing as it's an international order or when the item is shipped out.

We'll see, I guess.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I got engraving done before on a watch at CW but I can't remember how long extra it took.
Might have been a week or so having that done and then shipped out.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Top notch purchase Theo which, in the fullness of time, may become a rare(ish) piece as CW made it known last year that the red bezel C60 will be phased out, due to difficulties with supply and production (not something I saw mentioned in replies to your recent enquiry posts).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Theo_s
Junior
Junior

Post by Theo_s »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:17 pm Top notch purchase Theo which, in the fullness of time, may become a rare(ish) piece as CW made it known last year that the red bezel C60 will be phased out, due to difficulties with supply and production (not something I saw mentioned in replies to your recent enquiry posts).

Guy

Hmm, if I'm honest, that has me a little worried though...what if I need to have the insert replaced in the future for whatever reason? Hopefully the need for that won't arise.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Theo_s wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:55 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:17 pm Top notch purchase Theo which, in the fullness of time, may become a rare(ish) piece as CW made it known last year that the red bezel C60 will be phased out, due to difficulties with supply and production (not something I saw mentioned in replies to your recent enquiry posts).

Guy

Hmm, if I'm honest, that has me a little worried though...what if I need to have the insert replaced in the future for whatever reason? Hopefully the need for that won't arise.
As you say, hopefully the need will not arise, particularly as the bezel insert is ceramic.

Notwithstanding, whilst it is true to say that spare parts i.e. cases, bezels etc. for some of CW's older models have now been exhausted, I believe that CW are making suitable provision for spare parts supply on their current models.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Theo_s wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:55 pmHmm, if I'm honest, that has me a little worried though...what if I need to have the insert replaced in the future for whatever reason?
Well, when you get your watch back in you will enjoy your newly repaired black on black C60! :lol:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Theo_s
Junior
Junior

Post by Theo_s »

Ugh, this wait is killing me. Almost 3 days after ordering, yet the orders page still says "processing". Hopefully it'll be sent on Monday or Thursday so that it'll get to me in the UAE by Thursday