what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Loupe #16 | Spring 2020

Post by what-time-is-it »

Now available to view online.

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/loupe16

Covering the C60 Elite 1000, Dartmouth Black and preview of the C65 Chrono.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: Loupe #16 | Spring 2020

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I really like the vintage black Dartmouth. A bit more than the blue I think. :)
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:17 am I really like the vintage black Dartmouth. A bit more than the blue I think. :)
Looks good in black but I'm getting bored with the Old Radium / patina'd markers now - it's used too much.

I would loved to have seen the black with the marker colour used on the blue version.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:14 pm
Devarika Woulf wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:17 am I really like the vintage black Dartmouth. A bit more than the blue I think. :)
Looks good in black but I'm getting bored with the Old Radium / patina'd markers now - it's used too much.

I would loved to have seen the black with the marker colour used on the blue version.
Agreed, 100%!

I’d like to see the blue and black versions side by side for comparison.
Drew
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

For anyone that would like a PDF version of Loupe #16, it is now available in the CWArchive...
Richard
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

I find it strange they don't have an article/interview with Chris Ward in this issue of Loupe. It would have been the perfect format (and timing) for a nice article about his time at the company. An opportunity missed I think.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Interesting that there was no mention of the man Chris Ward. Foreword was very much about no looking back/ future facing etc etc I get that they want to be positive and move on but much like the original announcement there doesn't seem to be much warmth to Chris going either. It is a business, however he was one of the three and his name is the company.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

mvlow wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:28 pm I find it strange they don't have an article/interview with Chris Ward in this issue of Loupe. It would have been the perfect format (and timing) for a nice article about his time at the company. An opportunity missed I think.
Must have been posting at the same time :)
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:14 pm Looks good in black but I'm getting bored with the Old Radium / patina'd markers now - it's used too much.
Agree to a point. I just think of it as another colour to use for the markers and less like it's meant to be deliberate patina.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:32 pm Interesting that there was no mention of the man Chris Ward. Foreword was very much about no looking back/ future facing etc etc I get that they want to be positive and move on but much like the original announcement there doesn't seem to be much warmth to Chris going either. It is a business, however he was one of the three and his name is the company.
Perhaps one ought to read into this that his departure was under less than amicable reasons?
Drew
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:56 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:32 pm Interesting that there was no mention of the man Chris Ward. Foreword was very much about no looking back/ future facing etc etc I get that they want to be positive and move on but much like the original announcement there doesn't seem to be much warmth to Chris going either. It is a business, however he was one of the three and his name is the company.
Perhaps one ought to read into this that his departure was under less than amicable reasons?
Andrew people will always speculate. :)

I imagine that any forumites from a corporate background, who have seen, or been involved in drafting many such messages before, will be speculating more than most!

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:33 pm
mvlow wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:28 pm I find it strange they don't have an article/interview with Chris Ward in this issue of Loupe. It would have been the perfect format (and timing) for a nice article about his time at the company. An opportunity missed I think.
Must have been posting at the same time :)
:thumbup:
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

@Neil, very true - i see it all the time in the corporates i work/ have worked for. There was an opportunity for a more personal note about Chris given that CW has a far more intimate relationship with its customers, many of whom have had contact with Chris over many years. Clearly they opted not to do that!
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

Maybe it had simply gone to print prior to the announcement about Chris leaving?

A lot of these club type magazines are printed early to save on ‘rush’ costs.
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Molan, unlikely - it was signed by Mike and Peter only