New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by albionphoto »

Clach77 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:27 pm Having time to have a more considered look at the site, I noticed this:

But that's not all: marking the first time a Trident has featured an exhibition caseback - a feat achieved by a crystal 3.4mm-thick - the C60 Elite 1000 comes complete with our 'twin flags' engraved on its rotor. Who says you can't admire the engineering inside a dive watch?

I’ve a C60 Trident Apex that would beg to differ. :D
I looked at this, and then I looked at this again, and then I looked at the CW website. Is the C60 Apex actually a Trident?

https://www.christopherward.com/watches ... tion-range

CW seem to be saying that the C60 Apex is an "Apex" version of the C60 not an Apex version of the trident. This is unnecessarily nit-picky I know but seems to be the game CW is playing. And yes, I do have a C60 Apex too. I would have been ahppier if CW had said that this was the first time one of their watches with a 1,000m water resistance had a crystal caseback.

As lovely as this watch is I think I'm going to have to see one in the flesh just in case my aversion to the Mk III hour hand makes this a non-starter. I really, really don't like the Mk III hour hand. Perhaps the forthcoming GMT will make me change my mind.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

nbg wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:06 pm
stefs wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:04 pm Don't like
A bit too big and too long a lug to lug for me
Too thick and more to the point I am sure that could have been avoided if the quite utterly pointless WR of 1000m hadn't been targeted! Will one of these ever use anything approaching that capability? I strongly doubt it! If you were a professional diver requiring this kind of depth would you really be trusting a cw watch over a proper dive computer.
So make it a mere half an inch thick and half the WR and you have a real goodun.

Obviously only my opinion and as you know that's fairly worthless
Well I know someone who has the same opinion about pointless WR and pointless HEVs! :lol:

So that’s two of us then. :D

Neil
At least the HEV is integrated in the case unlike some Seamasters I can think of :thumbup: :D
Mark
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Really really like it.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

At least the HEV is integrated in the case unlike some Seamasters I can think of :thumbup: :D
[/quote]
...and indeed the last 1000m dive watch cw made!
Cheers now, Paul
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

stefs wrote:Really like the look, especially the blue with the matching hybrid strap
like the titanium and ti bracelet option (noted type 2 and not type 5 as per omega)

Don't like
A bit too big and too long a lug to lug for me
Too thick and more to the point I am sure that could have been avoided if the quite utterly pointless WR of 1000m hadn't been targeted! Will one of these ever use anything approaching that capability? I strongly doubt it! If you were a professional diver requiring this kind of depth would you really be trusting a cw watch over a proper dive computer.
So make it a mere half an inch thick and half the WR and you have a real goodun.

Obviously only my opinion and as you know that's fairly worthless
Yes, the thickness is rather out there but at least it has a purpose. I agree that 600 meters of WR is plenty for 99.999% of watch buyers.

That being said, the watch itself looks great and has a boatload of features for the price.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

McDaWisel wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:24 pm
But! It’s annoyingly that they being our a watch that looks essentially the same than the LE from last year...
I was surprised they did that. I assumed they would use a different colour scheme from the LE Elite.
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

I noticed that the border triangle on bezel is recessed, whereas it is a bit proud on the Elite LE, the Apex et cetera. I much prefer it being proud than recessed.
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

albionphoto wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:38 pm
Clach77 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:27 pm Having time to have a more considered look at the site, I noticed this:

But that's not all: marking the first time a Trident has featured an exhibition caseback - a feat achieved by a crystal 3.4mm-thick - the C60 Elite 1000 comes complete with our 'twin flags' engraved on its rotor. Who says you can't admire the engineering inside a dive watch?

I’ve a C60 Trident Apex that would beg to differ. :D
I looked at this, and then I looked at this again, and then I looked at the CW website. Is the C60 Apex actually a Trident?

https://www.christopherward.com/watches ... tion-range

CW seem to be saying that the C60 Apex is an "Apex" version of the C60 not an Apex version of the trident. This is unnecessarily nit-picky I know but seems to be the game CW is playing. And yes, I do have a C60 Apex too. I would have been ahppier if CW had said that this was the first time one of their watches with a 1,000m water resistance had a crystal caseback.

As lovely as this watch is I think I'm going to have to see one in the flesh just in case my aversion to the Mk III hour hand makes this a non-starter. I really, really don't like the Mk III hour hand. Perhaps the forthcoming GMT will make me change my mind.
That’s a good point, but.....

You could argue this isn’t a Trident either, but a C60 Elite. The hierarchy goes Trident Pro, Elite, Apex.

Anyway, it’s a great watch and I’d quite like a black one. :D
Trying not to buy any more watches...
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

I was thinking the same myself, especially after I read Loupe 16 online today.
I'd like a black dial one too but Loupe also hints at a titanium GMT and I might like that better,
Mark
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by McDaWisel »

albionphoto wrote:I was thinking the same myself, especially after I read Loupe 16 online today.
I'd like a black dial one too but Loupe also hints at a titanium GMT and I might like that better,
A black & red Titanium GMT I would buy immediately.
Tomo1971

Post by Tomo1971 »

Erm.... my finger may have slipped and ordered the Black on red/black hybrid......ooooops.

Least I am home next week, hopefully get it from postie and not the wife......(the watch that is, you dirty buggers :lol: )
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Well done ^^^
Looking forward to seeing the photos.
mattjary
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

Post by mattjary »

I’m loving the new c60 elite 1000, it’s got it all in my opinion.
Day/ date and the titanium strap. A great size and with the lightness.
Tomo1971

Post by Tomo1971 »

Received yesterday - posted on the FB groups also....
Attachments
5.jpg
04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
1.jpg
IanKelly63
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by IanKelly63 »

Is there anyone else here, who bought the C60 Trident Elite 1000 LE last year, feeling a bit cheated?
CW x 3
Others...
Casio x 8,Citizen x 2,Coen Anders x 1,Hamilton x 3,Ingersoll x 1,Junghans x 2,
Marloe x 2,Orient x 1,Rotary x 1,Seiko x 3,Swatch x 1,Tissot x 2