New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:32 pm
CW-watches: 3

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by nwnjw01 »

Yes I am......
Last years Elite came without an exhibition back and with an awful, (at least it is for me), Hybrid strap, too stiff, too difficult to adjust to my size, (even with swopping buckles).

And now according to a recently received email from CW for “only”, £295 I can buy a Titanium bracelet for my last years Elite..

Still a nice watch but ....

Yes I am all round a bit miffed!

Darksol
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 4:42 am

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by Darksol »

IanKelly63 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:13 pm
Is there anyone else here, who bought the C60 Trident Elite 1000 LE last year, feeling a bit cheated?
I do feel a bit cheated.

But the only thing I would have loved to have is the exhibition case back.

User avatar
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1192
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: Surrey

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

IanKelly63 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:13 pm
Is there anyone else here, who bought the C60 Trident Elite 1000 LE last year, feeling a bit cheated?
Why would you feel cheated? The models evolve and change/improve all of the time and that’s true of all products. I expect better iterations of watches I have in due course, but I bought now because I liked what was on offer.

Tomo1971
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:37 pm

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by Tomo1971 »

The next iteration will probably be thinner than the 15.4mm that this is - not as its an issue, it still seems to wear smaller than the Mk2 C60 I have but an improvement on the thickness would be awesome!

I guess its just like buying the latest and greatest Samsung phone, as soon as you have it, there is another on the horizon that does x,y & z better!

IanKelly63
Senior
Senior
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:03 pm
CW-watches: 3

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by IanKelly63 »

I appreciate that products evolve and that's a good thing.

In my mind, at least, something that's a 'Limited Edition' suggests that there won't be another watch like it; a unique colourway or a special material used in the construction of the item or just a particular design feature.

I'm struggling to understand what makes last year's Elite 1000 a limited edition, aside from the fact that it's numbered.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

CW x 3
Others...
Casio x 8,Citizen x 2,Coen Anders x 1,Hamilton x 3,Ingersoll x 1,Junghans x 2,
Marloe x 2,Orient x 1,Rotary x 1,Seiko x 3,Swatch x 1,Tissot x 2

User avatar
paw3001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2765
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
Location: Berlin - Brexit Refugee!

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by paw3001 »

nwnjw01 wrote:Yes I am......
Last years Elite came without an exhibition back and with an awful, (at least it is for me), Hybrid strap, too stiff, too difficult to adjust to my size, (even with swopping buckles).

And now according to a recently received email from CW for “only”, £295 I can buy a Titanium bracelet for my last years Elite..

Still a nice watch but ....

Yes I am all round a bit miffed!
I understand how you are feeling but £295 for a titanium bracelet is blooming cheap as chips!

Very reasonable compared to the cost from the big boys.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watches - Too many but not enough!

Commisar
Senior
Senior
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 3:24 am

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by Commisar »

IanKelly63 wrote:I appreciate that products evolve and that's a good thing.

In my mind, at least, something that's a 'Limited Edition' suggests that there won't be another watch like it; a unique colourway or a special material used in the construction of the item or just a particular design feature.

I'm struggling to understand what makes last year's Elite 1000 a limited edition, aside from the fact that it's numbered.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
It doesn't have a day complication....

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3644
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:16 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Canada

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by Viognier »

richtel wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:15 pm
I’m wondering if at 15mm thick and so about 2mm thicker than the equivalent Trident it might be a bit too chunky for me.
My Planet Ocean GMT, with exhibition back and 600M/2000ft WR, is 17.25mm thick. That makes this C60 Elite 1000 a slimline!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy

IanKelly63
Senior
Senior
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:03 pm
CW-watches: 3

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by IanKelly63 »

Viognier wrote:
richtel wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:15 pm
I’m wondering if at 15mm thick and so about 2mm thicker than the equivalent Trident it might be a bit too chunky for me.
My Planet Ocean GMT, with exhibition back and 600M/2000ft WR, is 17.25mm thick. That makes this C60 Elite 1000 a slimline!
15mm sounds a lot, but it really doesn't wear like that on your wrist.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

CW x 3
Others...
Casio x 8,Citizen x 2,Coen Anders x 1,Hamilton x 3,Ingersoll x 1,Junghans x 2,
Marloe x 2,Orient x 1,Rotary x 1,Seiko x 3,Swatch x 1,Tissot x 2

tyguy7760
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:43 am

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by tyguy7760 »

Man...love the black version. Going to have to keep this one in mind!

nwnjw01
Senior
Senior
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:32 pm
CW-watches: 3

Re: New CW Releases - Jan 2020 - C60 Elite 1000

Post by nwnjw01 »

paw3001 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:26 pm
nwnjw01 wrote:Yes I am......
Last years Elite came without an exhibition back and with an awful, (at least it is for me), Hybrid strap, too stiff, too difficult to adjust to my size, (even with swopping buckles).

And now according to a recently received email from CW for “only”, £295 I can buy a Titanium bracelet for my last years Elite..

Still a nice watch but ....

Yes I am all round a bit miffed!
I understand how you are feeling but £295 for a titanium bracelet is blooming cheap as chips!

Very reasonable compared to the cost from the big boys.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With respect...

Cheap as chips for the big boys it may be.

But when did CW become one of the big boys?

I thought one of the CW selling points was reasonable pricing, setting their prices at roughly three times cost, seems that this bracelet is priced well above three times cost.

I realise this is an unfair comparison but ...
A recent Kickstarter campaign has a Titanium cased diving style watch with a Titanium bracelet and a spare rubber strap and a leather wallet style watch case with as an option a sellita sw200 movement all for £30 more than this bracelet.
Admittedly that’s unfair due to the different retail and production models, but it does give some idea of the commercial costs involved in producing titanium watch cases and bracelets.

As it happens I believe the CW bracelet is likely a superior product, in terms of functionality, (adjustment, quick fit etc), still it’s massively more costly than it should be.
And I am having a struggle to tell myself it’s worth it.
But I do really want one...

No offence intended in any of my comments above.

Post Reply