Ebay

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
04z

Re: Ebay

Post by 04z »

[/quote]
[/quote]Covers my thoughts entirely and concisely on this issue which we cover here at least annually.

Free market forces are what they are and that's that. Just think, you buy five watches on finance at a discounted price, add a mark-up to four of them and recoup the cost of the one you want to keep.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Can understand this standpoint if you purchase 5 with the full intent of keeping all. Where I personally start to have more of an issue is when the intent is: purchase in the sale, try to sell for profit, sale doesnt happen and the watch(es) are returned within 60 days taking advantage of CW’s policy. End of day, if CW is good with it then so be it.
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

107 new CW watch listings on eBay today!

Highest I’ve ever seen. Lots, and lots, of obvious sale and clearance ones.

I wasn’t checking in any detail but one person has over 20 for sale and another was around 15.
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Molan wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:48 pm 107 new CW watch listings on eBay today!

I wasn’t checking in any detail but one person has over 20 for sale and another was around 15.
I noticed that too Barrie.
I'm glad I don't note the eBay listings anymore or I'd have sore fingers from all the typing lol
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

^^^ Happens to coincide with their £1 listing fee offer.

My C65 Khaki will be joining them this evening.
Ryan
Rikk
Junior
Junior

Post by Rikk »

I was looking at the recent offers list and found this pearl :lol:

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/ApexRare-Christ ... SwXBdeNytG

I guess that CW has finaly reached the status that they get a cheap homage! 8)
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Molan »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:11 pm ^^^ Happens to coincide with their £1 listing fee offer.

My C65 Khaki will be joining them this evening.
I have a few to sell as well and the £1 offer is making me think that if you can’t beat them you might as well join them :(
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

Molan wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:48 pm 107 new CW watch listings on eBay today!

I also spotted that! I usually have my search set for “Newly Listed” and with soooooooo many new listings I thought that my search preferences it had reset itself for some reason. As mentioned by others, most seem to be from one or two sellers so il will be looking for a way to add those chaps to my “blocked” list if that is possible on eBay. I have no intention of helping to line their pockets!

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

Also staggered by how many of these “Sales Flippers” list with only stock photos copied from CW website.
Just for my own entertainment really I have sent a message for each listing asking for genuine, live images (ideally with a dated, handwritten note containing member name/login) and wait with baited breath for a reply....

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

and worth noting that some of these flippers will be on this forum, lurking.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

what-time-is-it wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:13 pm and worth noting that some of these flippers will be on this forum, lurking.
Or in plain sight...
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

Rikk wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:53 pm I was looking at the recent offers list and found this pearl :lol:

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/ApexRare-Christ ... SwXBdeNytG

I guess that CW has finaly reached the status that they get a cheap homage! 8)
That's one way to look at it, another, is that they've reached the status (price point) at which it's worthwhile producing replicas. :problem:
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Not only CWs, some backers of Hamtun on Kickstarter haven’t received their watches. Yet there are a couple on eBay already. Very frustrating for those still to receive their pledge.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain