C65 Trident Classic in White

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Eatrightwatches

C65 Trident Classic in White

Post by Eatrightwatches » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:44 pm

What happened to this simple diver dress watch. There was a rebrand back a few years ago when the CW hallmark was moved from 12 o’clock to 9 o’clock. Some comments at the time were disappointed of the decision, but I say changes take time to fully acclimate to. I personally don’t mind the 9 o’clock position. Are there any plans to produce the C65 classic again? Or any white dial monotone watch? I know there is a C65 vintage in black, but it’s a little smaller watch than the classic and doesn’t come in white. There are only a few watches in this space; Rolex Oyster Perpetual, Vacheron Overseas, IWC Ingeniuer, Maurice Aikon, etc. Some of these are very pricey and don’t nail the look properly. Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts.

albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: C65 Trident Classic in White

Post by albionphoto » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:03 pm

I think we're still seeing the C60 MKIII range expand. They could do a white with black bezel if they chose to. I hope they have it on their agenda. I know I've asked for a white with blue bezel even if it was limited edition. For me the alternatives would include a Bremont S300 or an Omega Seamaster 300. Neither of which are exactly in the same price class as a CW. Did white dialed watches go out of fashion whilst I wasn't looking?
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Omega, Orion, Oris and Seiko

jkbarnes
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: C65 Trident Classic in White

Post by jkbarnes » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:13 pm

I'd love to see something exactly like the C65 Anthropocene, but with a green bezel! That would be hard to resist. Or a black bezel...or any number of colored bezels!
Andrew

C65 Trident Vintage